What are drink tickets?

jmaze

Does Carnival have them? Do we buy them from the purser once we get on this ship or can we order them in advance? I heard the line at the pursers desk could be brutal. Also, does it save you any money to buy drink tickets, or is it just a good way to keep track of what you spend on alcohol? :D

You do save a few cents and sometimes the waiter will take the ticket for a pricier drink. When I book my next CCL cruise in '09, I plan on buying lots of them. After my last CCL cruise I figured out that you can use 4 tickets(1 sheet) to buy a bucket of beer (4) and you'll save @ $0.65. Now that doesn't seem like much to you, but you don't know me.:D

You do save a few cents and sometimes the waiter will take the ticket for a pricier drink. When I book my next CCL cruise in '09, I plan on buying lots of them. After my last CCL cruise I figured out that you can use 4 tickets(1 sheet) to buy a bucket of beer (4) and you'll save @ $0.65. Now that doesn't seem like much to you, but you don't know me.:D

Thanks Cruisinbuddy,

Sounds like you and I might be alike. The way I figure it is that if I can save some $$ here and there, the more I'll have to spend overall. Do you know how I go about purchasing them? I heard the pursers desk was a long wait for anything. Maybe I heard wrong. Can I buy them in advance like soda tickets? Thanks a lot

My husband surprised me with drink tickets on our last cruise. While they are good for the actual amount they were purchased for, you still save because when you use a drink ticket the 15% gratuity is included.

Archived