Family Dining On Miracle

MickeyG

Hi....we will be sailing on Carnival's Miracle this December. We are a family of four with two kids ages 11 and 13. We are hoping to be placed at a dinner table with another family. I am not sure how many people are seated at a table on a cruise ship. Does anyone know about Miracle's dinner seating? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mick:)

On some of the other Carnival ships the tables will accomodate eight. The seating is often with other children or people of similiar ages. I have seen tables with two families before. This makes for more pleasant dining for the children. However it is not set in stone as to the arrangements.

We are also sailing in Dec. What is your date?

First- make the request with your travel agent. They should have asked if you prefer a small, or large table and your seating preference. (early or late)

Once onboard check your table. see if you are seated at a table for 4 or a table for 8. If you are at a table for 4 seek the matre d and tell him what you want.

We are also sailing on the Miracle on Dec. 19. We have been on the Legend and Pride and they have a lot of smaller tables whereas the Paradise has more larger tables. We are a family of four and had our own table on the Pride but last dec some friends of ours shared a table for 7 with us. We also like to sit with others.

Mick: As long as you are aware that it is a request only. Not everything is gauranteed on a cruise. But if you dont get what you want... you can still go to the Matre D and a request a change. Thats why you need to check your assignment once onboard.

We'll be there with you along with our two boys (12 and 14) You can see some past shots on the web site (see profile, I think). We are hoping for the late seating since we like to relax after ports and not rush for the dining room. We are usually only there for Dinner anyhow.

B, B, D, and J.

FlaParrotHead.....We have also requested the late seating for our family for the same reasons you mentioned. Our plan is to have the kids more active during the day and enjoy the shore excursions, then eat a later dinner and relax a bit before bed.

Serene...I did contact our carnival TA and made a request for a table that seats two families. He said he would make a note in our file. He also mentioned that changes in dinner seating arrangements can be made upon boarding the ship. Hopefully, once we get one cruise under our belts we will be better prepared for the next cruise. I appreciate your help in guiding us through this process as we continue to make our plans.

Mick:)

Well there ya go- two families that are cruising together the same week same cruise---wanna eat together as a group? You will each email each other with booking numbers and have each of your agents cross reference booking numbers so you can sit together.

Something to consider... group camps are closed most of the week during early seating. By the time you are done dinner...FREE camp is closed. Before we went on our first cruise I made it clear to the kids that dinner as a family is mandatory so dont even ask if they can eat with their new friends. Something you may want to let kids know ahead of time so there is no dissappointments.

Archived