10 days until cruise and...........

billsbrowneyedgirl

Hi Bills !

Oh Boy.... I am so sorry to hear this. Lets hope it doesnt need surgery. I will be hoping that all works out well. Please keep us posted.

Which part did he break?

I actually stubbed my little toe so hard the bone snapped in half and it stuck out sideways instead of pointing forward...talk about painful. I didn't go to the doctor and just snapped it back into place and taped it ( with scotch tape, talk about redneck:D ) to the next toe. LOTS of ice got the swelling down, and the pretty colors lasted for about two weeks. I finally went to the Dr. He did an x ray on it and told me I did a darn good job of setting it, it was only off a few millimeters.....:) .

I wish him the best, and hope he will be able to get around.

Dave:eek:

I broke my foot a few summers ago and was told that as soon as the swelling went down, I needed to begin putting weight on it, a bit at a time, to speed the healing. I discovered that the perfect place to do this was the pool -- I would swim out (dragging that tender foot behind me) to where I was chest-deep, then slowly start walking into the shallow end. As the water got shallower, of course, more and more weight was put onto the foot. When I got to the point where it was painful to walk, I backed up a few feet and just stayed at that depth for a while.

This worked amazingly well, and the break healed much more quickly, (or so I'm told) than it would have if I had stayed off the foot completely. So try to enjoy your cruise, and spend a lot of time in the pool! The sandy bottom of waist-deep, calm seas at a beach probably wouldn't hurt, either!

-Sarah

Which part did he break?

I actually stubbed my little toe so hard the bone snapped in half and it stuck out sideways instead of pointing forward...talk about painful. I didn't go to the doctor and just snapped it back into place and taped it ( with scotch tape, talk about redneck:D ) to the next toe. LOTS of ice got the swelling down, and the pretty colors lasted for about two weeks. I finally went to the Dr. He did an x ray on it and told me I did a darn good job of setting it, it was only off a few millimeters.....:) .

I wish him the best, and hope he will be able to get around.

Dave:eek:

Dave - I love you, but Dude, YOU"RE NUTS!!!;)

I sympathize. I broke my foot on the 2nd day of an 11 day cruise during a shore excursion. Fortunately mine was just a 'greenstick" fracture, and I limped around the cruise just fine. They couldn't do anything about it except throw and ace bandage on in and give me ice, and give me some fun pills. I had to limit my shore excursions to water only after that, but it's amazing how easy it is to sit at the Martini bar even with a broken foot :D

Good Luck!

Yes, we are still going!

He is in a "walking boot", for the next two weeks, he will be able to go back to work when we return.

He is a die hard tho, and not good at being idle, so my house is really clean :D

Denise

YAYYYYY!! Wonderful news!:D:D:D And if he gets bored, send him over to my house.;)

Have a wonderful cruise!

Denise

Archived