Windstar Cruise for 30th Anniversary?

jtsymbo

Looking to do a Windstar cruise in March or April to celebrate a 30th wedding anniversary. Did Windstar in Tahiti 5 years ago and loved it. 3 cruises I am looking at: Barbados Roundtrip, St Thomas Roundtrip , and the 14 day Panama Canal Cruise. We have never been to the Caribbean and would prefer sleepy, out of the way destinations with lots of beautiful beaches and water. Don't need active ports, or planned activities. We like to strike out on our own, explore and find our own fun. The Panama Canal Cruise appeals to me because I've always wanted to transit the canal and I hear Costa Rica and Panama are fabulous. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

Looking to do a Windstar cruise in March or April to celebrate a 30th wedding anniversary. Did Windstar in Tahiti 5 years ago and loved it. 3 cruises I am looking at: Barbados Roundtrip, St Thomas Roundtrip , and the 14 day Panama Canal Cruise. We have never been to the Caribbean and would prefer sleepy, out of the way destinations with lots of beautiful beaches and water. Don't need active ports, or planned activities. We like to strike out on our own, explore and find our own fun. The Panama Canal Cruise appeals to me because I've always wanted to transit the canal and I hear Costa Rica and Panama are fabulous. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

You must have been on one of the last Wind Song cruises. I believe it had a fire and was sunk back in 2003.

If you loved the Wind Song, you would love the cruise out of St. Thomas. The ship is identical to the Song. Ports are very laid back and relaxing.

No matter which cruise you chose, you will love it.

All three are just what you want...

But my dream is to sail on a WindStar ship through the Panama Canal sometime before I'm too old to do it.

We sailed thru the Canal on a Sitmar ship in the 1980's and loved it, but to sail through the canal on a very small sailing ship would be fabulous. The only bad part is that I'd love to get some photos of the ship as it's being elevated or lowered in the locks.

The ports of call on the 14 day sailing (with 6 days at sea) are all quiet ports that have few visits from the mega-ships (except Aruba and Curacao, which are standard activity oriented cruise ports) so you will have a lot of quiet time on board and in port.

Thanks all for your feedback!! A couple more questions. Between the Barbados Roundtrip and the St Thomas Roundtrip for someone who has never been to the Caribbean which one is the most laid back, beautiful with lots of variety? What I loved about the Tahiti cruise was the serenity and the beauty and I'm looking for some of that. Also, I would like to spend 3 or 4 nights after the cruise on a Robinson Crusoe Island at a nice quiet resort (don't need deluxe) that has a great beach and is accessible to either Barbados or St. Thomas. Any ideas? Thanks!!

Jim

Archived