Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson?

isujim

Looking for any info on this hotel

Nice? Safe? and easiest transportation and costs from Newark Airport to the hotel........and the hotel to the pier.....

Any info appreciated......

Thanks in advance

The Hyatt Regency in Jersey City is an excellent choice for proximity to the port in Bayonne, N.J. Right outside the hotel is both the PATH train (to New York and Newark) as well as the light rail train (to Bayonne). The area is safe, but it can be somewhat empty outside weekday business hours (the area is largely financial company offices). It is right on the waterfront, and one can pleasantly stroll about. Most of the structures are fairly recent, and there is little that is historic that remains.

From Newark airport taxis are reasonable, and public transportation is not bad unless you're carrying heavy luggage. Just get the New Jersey Transit no. 62 bus from the airport to Penn Station, Newark for $1.35 (or the AirTrain + New Jersey Transit train for $7.75), then transfer to the PATH train to Exchange Place, Jersey City for $1.50. The hotel is right outside the Exchange Place station.

During your stay, it is one stop on the PATH train from Exchange Place to World Trade Center for $1.50. From World Trade Center, New York City buses and subways can take you anywhere for $2.00.

To the port in Bayonne, you can get a taxi at a reasonable fare from the hotel. Or you can ride the light rail train from Exchange Place to 34th Street station for $1.90, then a very short taxi ride from the station to the port.

Great information.......thank you so much......just what I was looking for......much appreicated.

Anyone else??

I think compared to the Manhatten alternatives, especially price wise, we are going to book this.

Jim

The only thing I will disagree with in GTJ's very knowledgable post-the taxi fare from EWR to Jersey City is between $40-50.00. And taxi to the port will be another $45-50.00.

The hotel is lovely and the view is to die for. VERY easy access to NYC.

Here's a good website to give you an idea of taxi fares in NJ.

http://www.secaucustaxi.com/hotels/index.htmosts in New Jersey.

The only thing I will disagree with in GTJ's very knowledgable post-the taxi fare from EWR to Jersey City is between $40-50.00. And taxi to the port will be another $45-50.00.

While I don't use taxis that often, they typically charge in New York about $2 per mile (plus the drop, etc.). From the airport to this hotel is 12 miles, and from the hotel to the port about 7 miles.

Archived