What are the best tours for Mexican Riviera?

dshgl

Go on tho the roll call portion and note the Oosterdam cruise of 9 Feb 2008.

Most of the people in that group have sailed these ports many times and will be able to give you a lot of information.

We are going to sail with that group and doin Kodiac whale watching and parasailing in Cabo, double hand massage in another port.

Ruth & Jim

Cabo San Lucas: Captain Eduardo and the Rissalena take you out to see whales and the local scenery. However, during the three hour tour lunch is served and you can't beat the complimentary fresh squeezed margaritas!

Mazatlan: I can "second" Randi's Happy Horses. I've just booked again with her for my New Year's Cruise. Mazatlan Frank also does amazing sightseeing tours in his van with a personal touch.

Puerto Vallarta: I've never taken a tour there, but have gone to "Gringo Gulch" to see Casa Kimberly - the one-time home of Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor. It's interesting. Also, within walking distance of the cruise ship pier is the Krystal Hotel with reasonably priced spa services. Afterwards, you can use their beach and pool.

We've done this several times. My favorite cruise was taken in Mazatlan. We took the Sierra Madre excursion that went to Concordia and Capalla. Concordia is a small Spanish Colonial town and Capalla is high in the Sierra Madre Mnts--cobblestone streets, small plaza, etc--very charming. It's a long tour, but everyone seemed to really enjoy it on our tour.

In Acapulco a week or so ago, we got off the ship and inside the building right there is a tourist service area. We got a van and had a wonderful four hour tour ending at the cliff divers.................nice, new A/C van......

super guide, $25. each.

A few years ago we did Town, Country and Tequila and I can't remember just which city that is............someone on here will!! They still do the tour. Learning about the tequila was pretty fascinating; tasting all the tequila liquor in many flavors was fun. I took tiny sips and passed my glasses to my DH.:p

I'm not a group tour person -- ever -- but there are many things you can do on your own which will give you flexibility and some cost savings as well.

Puerto Vallarta has so many activities that are very easy to do on your own.

1. Los Veranos Canopy Tour -- super fun and exciting.

2. Massages at Venus Massage on Aquilles Serdan -- 75 min. rooftop palapa massage for $35.00 U.S. -- the best massage I've ever had in my life (and I've had many, many) -- I had them do three massages on me last week.

3. Walk thru the Mallecon and see the sculpture and sights of downtown.

4. Lunch sitting on the beach in front of La Palapa Restaurant.

5. Indoor flea market -- very fun - two stories -- they are willing to bargain - this is in downtown and walking distance from The Mallecon.

All of these activities are easily available to you via a taxi ride -- really a fun time.

----

In Cabo --

1. sitting on the beach under umbrellas at The Office --

2. Go sit on the beach at Tabassco Restaraunt -- they have many water sports at your disposal there -- jet ski, parasailing, banana boat, water taxi.

These are just a few suggestions.

I hope you have a great time!

Cabo San Lucas: Take the trip north to Todos los Santos and see the hotel that inspired the Eagles to write Hotel California (legend has it). A nice Mexican lunch is included plus you have time to stroll the town

In Mazatlan, we've taken the trip to Concordia and Copalla that CruzNon is talking about, another nice one!

Puerto Vallarta - I like Winemistress' suggestion about the Los Veranos Canapy Tour, a different way of seeing things!

Have fun!

I'm not a group tour person -- ever -- but there are many things you can do on your own which will give you flexibility and some cost savings as well.

Puerto Vallarta has so many activities that are very easy to do on your own.

3. Walk thru the Mallecon and see the sculpture and sights of downtown.

4. Lunch sitting on the beach in front of La Palapa Restaurant.

5. Indoor flea market -- very fun - two stories -- they are willing to bargain - this is in downtown and walking distance from The Mallecon.

All of these activities are easily available to you via a taxi ride -- really a fun time.

----

In Cabo --

1. sitting on the beach under umbrellas at The Office --

These are the sorts of things I enjoy IF I go ashore. What/where is the Mallecon?

These are the sorts of things I enjoy IF I go ashore. What/where is the Mallecon?

The Mallecon is a stretch of boardwalk along the beach -- little vendors selling corn on the cob, lots of sculptures, shops and bars across the street, great people watching.

Its downtown P.V. -- just catch a quick taxi there -- it'll cost about $10.00 for the ride from the cruise ship.

From the Mallecon you can walk to many of the other things/activities I listed.

Puerto Vallarta is a wonderful place -- the locals are very friendly --- there is a beach on the south side in front of the La Palapa restaurant I mentioned previously that is immaculate -- in fact that whole area is clean and friendly.

I even feel safe there at night walking alone --- I hope you go ashore in P.V.

:)

If you're really adventurous, you can take the El Centro bus to the downtown area for approximately thirty-five cents. It's bohemian, but I love to mix with the locals for a true experience.

I also couldn't resist checking out the Mexican Wal*Mart and Sam's Club directly across the street. (It's good if you want to take a couple of bottles of wine back on the ship.)

Archived