How Much is the Supper Club, worth it?

criuisingurl079

Is the food better than the food in the dining room..? I mean, yeah they have fancy food in the dining room at times, but a lot of times it is less than yummy.....:confused:

You truly cannot compare the two. The supper club is leaps and bounds above the dining room.

Sandi:

Thanks for the reply. That's good because if he took a suit he would have to take a sport jacket too.

I filled out the forms for reservations at Harry's. We are on the Nov. 24th 8 day cruise. I asked for Monday and Thurs. We'll see what happens in 7 days. I hope they let me know by E-mail if not I guess we will have to check as soon as we get on the ship.

I may very well be the lone dissenter on this thread, but we ate at the Emerald Room on the Glory in September, and weren't overly impressed with it.

The room was a little too big, it didn't seem very cozy or intimate, and all the tables near the windows were large ones. DH and I got sat at a table in the middle of the room.

Yes, there were several servers hovering anxiously around us for the first thirty minutes we were there, but after that, people disappeared. There would be three to four servers huddled in a group standing ten feet away, but they were all engaged in conversation with each other, and never looked at any table besides their own.

We ran out of water several times, and the pace was entirely too slow, even for a five course meal. It was literally over thirty-five minutes between the entree and dessert, then they told us to wait, the chef had something 'special' coming to us. After fifteen minutes, they brought out some delicious chocolate truffles, and disappeared again. We finally got out after 10pm, and we had been seated just before 7pm.

We felt that while the food was very good, it wasn't THAT much better, and the service we had received in the dining room downstairs far surpassed the service we got in the supper club.

And I'm sure this is TMI, but within four to five hours after our meal at the supper club, I got very, very sick. I know it wasn't something we had eaten in Roatan, because we shared a meal there, and DH was fine. I did eat different appetizer/entree/dessert from him for supper, though. I actually lost weight on our cruise because I was so ill the last day and a half.

I sailed on Valor over spring break 2007. Traveled with a good friend, my 17 year old son and his 17 year old friend. I don't remember what night it was that we made reservations, but it was a very slow night in the supper club so our table got so much personal attention, we really felt spoiled.

All of the food was delicious and was presented so wonderfully. It gave the young men an affordable opportunity to experience fine dining and practice their manners. My son's friend was interested in a future career in culinary arts and this meal alone cemented his decision to pursuing a secondary education (his mother still thanks me).

Worth it?...absolutely yes. I just regret that I've sailed so many times without taking advantage of this fabulous opportunity to "spoil myself" at such an affordable price.

The dress code is like the dining room....formal wear on formal night....smart casual on the non formal nights.

Hi Sandy,

We will be on the Miracle 11-23 and I have made reservations for Nick & Nora's for the 3rd night. Hubby has a tux for formal nights and I didn't even think about having to also take his suit for N & N's. The capers say attire is Elegant with a jacket required. I notice you said "smart casual". What were your observations while at N & N's? Do most men wear a jacket or dress shirts with a tie......I'll take the suit if needed but had planned for hubby to wear dress slacks with a Polo to match my pretty dressy sundress.

Opinions, please and thank you!

Sharon

• 2 weeks later...

We ate at the supper club for a special night on Saturday 11/10/2007, the last night of our cruise. The food and service was fabulous and if we had known how good it was we'd have eaten there at least one more night of our cruise. Well worth $30pp plus we tipped as if we'd each just eaten a $100 meal (and at a restaurant of this quality on land, it would be well over $100pp, just for the food). They do mark up the wine about 10-20% more than in the main dining room.

Just a note, the bar at the supper club is open to everyone, not just for those eating there. I wish we had know that earlier in the cruise, as we would have relaxed at the Golden Fleece bar at least one or two nights. It is just much quieter and more intimate than the rest of the ship. Plus they have a nice band and dance floor.

Mike

Does anyone know what night the second formal night is on the Legend? Is this the same night as the midnight buffet? Don't want to make reservations at Golden Fleece the same night as the midnight buffet.

Formal nights are Monday and Friday. Friday night is the night of the midnight buffet.

• 1 month later...
Time

6:00 PM - 9:30 PM

Be aware the Supper Club can take about two-three hours for the enjoyment of your meal.

Menu

Starters

Trio of Escargots

Baked in Brioche, Stuffed in Fondue Potatoes, and Classic Bourguignonne

Crepe Vonnassiennes

Cured Fjord Salmon, Lemon Scented Salmon Roe and Oyster Cream on Delicate Potato Cake.

Beef Carpaccio

Sliced Raw Beef Tenderloin with Shaved Parmesan Cheese

Marinated Mache Lettuce

Sushi Platter

Salmon, Lobster, and Shrimp with Pickled Ginger and Wasabe.

Iced Russian Caviar

1 ounce of Sevruga Caviar with Condiments and Buckwheat Blinis

An extra $45.00 charge will apply

Shrimp Cocktail

Mississippi Delta Shrimps with American Cocktail Sauce

New England Crab Cake

On Roasted Pepper Remoulade

Lobster Bisque with Vintage Cognac

Fleuron and Fresh Cream

Baked Onion Soup "Les Halles"

A Parisian Classic

Salads

Classic Caesar Salad

Hearts of Romaine Lettuce, Traditionally Preared

Baby Leaf Spinach and Fresh Mushrooms

With Blue Cheese Dressing and Warm Bacon Bits

Tossed Garden Salad

Creens, Radicchio, Tomato, Purple Onion Rings, and Watercress

Choice of House, Ranch, or Blue Cheese Dressing

Side Dishes

Baked Potatoes

Sauteed Medley of Fresh Mushrooms

Yukon Gold Mash with Wasabe Horseradish

Grilled Fresh Vegetables in Season

Creamed Spinach with Garlic

Entrees

Broiled New York Strip Loin Steak

14 oz. of the Favorite Cut for Steak Connoisseurs

Grilled Prime Rib Chop

18 oz. for the Real Beef Gourmet

Server with Herbed Burgundy Wine Reduction, Roasted Garlic

Creamy Mashed Potatoes, and Tips of Spring Vegetables

Classic Porterhouse Steak

Combines the full Flavor of the Strip Loin with the Tenderness of the Tenderloin

24 oz. of the Best from Both Worlds

Broiled Filet Mignon

9 oz. for the True Gourmet

Surf and Turf

Seared Lobster Tail over Tomato Confit and Grilled Filet Mignon

over Cardamoom Braised Carrots, Pumpkin Ravioli

Whole Dover Dole Meuniere

Pan-Fried and Served with Beurre Noisette

Broiled Loster Tail

Served with Drawn Butter

Broiled Supreme of Free Range Chicken

With Blackberry-Port Wine Reduction

Grilled Lamp Chops

Double-Cut Lamb Chops

Server on Five Bean Cassoulet and Rosemary Jus

Broiled Provimi Veal Chop

Center-Cut from the Highest Grade Milk-Fed Veal

Sauces

Three Peppercorn Sauce

Wild Mushroom Sauce

Sauce Bearnaise

Desserts

Citrus Cheesecake with Hazelnut Biscuit

Burnt Basmali and Mango Ravioli with Almond and Mascarpone Jam

Washington Apple Tarte Tartin

Served with Chocolate and Lemon Balm Salad

Chocolate Tarte with butter Chocolate Pate

Pinapple Croquant, Tiramisu Notre Facon

Fresh Fruits

Assembly of Tropical Fruit and Berries in Season

Served with Homemade Sherbet

Beverages

Freshly Brewed Coffee

Regular of Decaffeinated

Tea and Herbal Teas

Dessert Wine

Quady Electra, California, $3.75

After Dinner Drinks

Graham's Six Grape, $5.25

Dow's 20 Year Tawny, $9.95

De Montal X.O., $20.00

Hardy, V.S.O.P., $7.00

Hardy, X.O., $11.00

Cles Des Ducs Armagnac, V.S.O.P., $8.50

Hennessy, X.O., $15.50

Martell Cordon Blue, $12.00

Hennessy Paradis, $35.00

Courvoisier X.O., $12.00

Remy Martin Louis XIII, $110.00

Im sitting here looking at my boring ol dinner of meatloaf, imagining it's one of those prime ribs...

Quick question...does anyone know if the Victory has a supper club?

Archived