Mediterranean Cruise - Splendor or Navigator?

We (me, my sister-in-law, my 27 year old daughter and her boyfriend) are trying to plan a 7 day Mediterranean Cruise for next year. We're looking at either Navigator's Eastern Mediterranean cruise in late August or Splendour's Greek Isles cruise in early October. My daughter has only cruised on Carnival to date but Carnival doesn't do 7 day cruises in Europe, which we need due to work issues, so she wants to try RCI. We all love the sightseeing, and my daughter enjoys the night life on the ship. Any input from anyone who's done either of these? - I know Splendour's an older, smaller ship, but beyond that I don't know much.... Also my daughter's worried that October will be too cool and I'm afraid August will be too warm!! Help please!!!

About the itinerary, which one do you like the best? The Navigator is a wonderful ship but keep in mind that these seven night cruises are pretty busy with daily port of calls and your daughter may not be up to much night life. I have some photos of the Navigator in my link below. For me I would take the Navigator due to the fact that I like the larger ships.

For port intensive itineraries such as Europe, we prefer smaller ships, especially for disembarking or tendering in ports. With less pasengers, it goes much faster. For the Caribbean, we prefer the larger more "ship is the destination" vessels such as the Voyager class. Whatever ship you choose, you will love cruising in Europe. We are addicted.:p

I would pick the itinerary you like best rather than the ship. We did Splendour out of Venice at the end of October last year. We loved the ship even though its smaller, we thought the evening entertainment was the best we've had on any cruise. Temps were in the low 20s all week but the beginning of October will probably be warmer (my parents came back from a holiday in Rhodes last week and had 30 deg c most days). If you're thinking of August the weather will be hot and all the ports much busier as its school holidays over here.

We did a 3 nighter on Navigator in June and its a great ship too,typical Voyager class with all the activities but with alot of sightseeing you probably won't have time or energy to do them all!

Thanks for everyone's input! - Sounds like we can't go wrong with either one!! For Kernow and anyone else who's done Navigator: was Tommy playing in the piano bar? - He was playing on the Jewell when we were on it 3 years ago, and was an awesome entertainer!

Carolyn

Carolyn, we didn't see Tommy in the piano bar but he may well have been there. As it was only a short trip we didn't get time to do everything and we only passed by the piano bar on our way to dinner. It was a nice break but I definitely prefer 7 nights or more on a ship!

Julie

Archived