need help fast!! SS 6145 or Family View Stateroom guarantee on Summit

jaycor99

Hi everyone

Have booked 6145 for the Summit -you all have given me great reviews on that room-but just saw that a Guarantee Family view is available-saving of over 1300.00-have put that on hold

we know we would love 6145 but is the extra money worth it?

never been on Celebrity but are diamond on RCCL

thanks so much

If you can get the Family View (I assume you mean the FV category on the aft), you will have a larger cabin with more storage and a MUCH larger balcony. The balconies are partially covered so you have a choice of sun or shade most of the time. You lose the bathtub and butler, but we would take the FV over any sky suite on the ship in a heartbeat, even if the cost was exactly the same. Saving $1,300 is a great bonus. Of course this is just one person's opinion. We have had suites and think the room in the cabin far outweighs the extra touches of a suite.

Your diamond status gets you elite status in the Captain's Club. The perks aren't as good as the C&A, but still, it is something. Be sure you have gotten your CC membership active before you board.

You have not really given enough info. for us to judge, The area on the Penthouse deck is very quiet and more opulent. If that matters to you, pick that cabin. If you are more than two the family rooms have a screen divider , and so is better for 3 or 4 for that reason.

Even for only 2 people, the "sitting room" is a nice bonus if one is jetlagged and wants to sleep while the other wants to read or just relax. And, the view of the ship's wake and that giant, versatile (sun or shade) balcony is divine. I honestly think I'd go for an aft CC over a Sky anywhere. Go for the FV!

Hi,

As expected, you're getting a variety of opinions. Allow me to cast mine for going with the FV!

We've been in the corner FV stateroom on M-Class ships and would grab it again anytime it was available on a sailing we were booking. We've also been in the Sky Suites on Deck 6 and truly enjoy the service level and opulence there.

But, given the opportunity to have a corner FV (or other FV) again, we'd grab it.

For us, the beauty of the FV is the stateroom's spaciousness AND its' versatility. The fact that it feels like a two room suite with bedroom and sitting room is fantastic. Being able to use one room for sleeping and the other for lounging/entertaining friends is a big plus. And the huge private veranda is a nice bonus, too.

Let us all know which one you go with.

CM

Archived