TV on the Mercury

lydiagb

First let me say that I'm not planning on sitting in my room watching TV all day, but with my back injury I need to take some breaks and lie down. I was wondering if you can see the major networks on the TV on the ship (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, WB). I was also wondering if the VCR's are connected so that I can tape a few shows that I don't want to miss. I can view them when I'm resting or just take them home. It's not a big deal either way, just curious.

Lydia

Lydia,

VCR's are only in suites on Mercury and do not to my knowledge have the capability of taping anything, they are just for viewing.

There are no regular TV stations, just a few stations that show info about the ship, the same movies that are shown in the cinema, etc.

The pursurs desk has some VCR movies you can check out to watch, but again, nothing very new.

Hope this helps :D

D~

This is gonna kill my wife. While we are in Alaska the finale Big Brother is on, and also the first two weeks of Survivor. I will miss CSI also. Oh well...I suppose we will survive. Just have to get my TiVO setup before we leave.

Thank you for the replies and they are helpful. I won't be bringing any blank tapes with me. I will set up our VCR's before we leave and my Mom will tape shows for us too. For once I wished the new season did not start until October. Jcallcut, I watch BB5 too and my husband and I both watch The Amazing Race. We will miss both finales which is a bummer. It won't be as much fun to watch on tape but not the end of the world either.

Thanks,

Lydia

Just got off the Millennium and the tv is the worst I have ever seen on any line. The newlywed show taped on the ship was on constantly for 3 days. The films were repeated over and over again. and the one episode of CSI they showed it every day for 14 days.

The Mercury has VCRs in the suites as well as all cabins that are Cat 5 or better. The VCR also accepts RCA jacks which would allow you to hook up other devices such as a DVD player.

It is likely that the TVs in the Cat 6 cabins and below have RCA jacks to connect a DVD player to as well.

Archived