Voyager library

wingit

I wonder if someone who's sailed on the Voyager can comment on its library. We'll be on an 11 day cruise and I'd like to rely on the library rather than tote along several books. I think I'm a fairly eclectic reader. Does it have a pretty good selection?

Absolutely.

We were very impressed with the library. In addition, there is space for "donated" books. So previous passengers have contributed, also.

No need to waste a lot of luggage space on books.

Enjoy!

Pincus

The library is very varied and well stocked. We were on the world cruise in '06 and found many books of interest to both my husband and I (we have divergent tastes). We never ran out of choices despite the length of time on board.

We thoroughly enjoyed the Voyager library during the 2007 World Cruise. It was particularly good after a few weeks when people began donating the books they had brought on board. We did the same thing -- brought books we had been "meaning to read" and then left them for others to cut down on our luggage weight.

No benefit of the doubt. I too was on Voyager for 4 months for a World Cruise. The travel books were gone from the shelves for weeks before arrival at a port and back on the shelves the next day in every case! You could find books about a particular port for a month or more before arrival but within 2 to 3 weeks of arrival all the relevant books would disappear and not reappear until a day or 2 later. If it is travel or guide books that you want, better bring your own!

Debbie

If the books reappeared they were not permanently borrowed. That means they are taken off the ship not to be seen again. Maybe the travel books should be restricted for use only in the library that way everyone would have a chance to peruse them before reaching the ports.

I know they’d need some book security and personnel to guard these travel books. Since I’m a librarian they could hire me!!!!! 5.gif

Actually, I saw some folks take the books off the ship on our last day. Since they were stamped, it wasn't hard to determine they were Voyagers and since it was the last day, it wasn't a far leap to say permanently. With that said, the library had a stock of books stored away and when one was borrowed, it was replaced from the stock. That way, everyone had access.

Archived