Has anybody been on a cruise where it rained the whole time?

cs

is better than any day in Delaware! It rained on my last two cruises, but it did not stop the fun. In 05 it poured for a few hours in Key West, but the bartenders and guitar player at Irish Kevin's made it a lot of fun. Our last cruise, it rained on our second day at sea and in St. Thomas.....Didn't matter much to us. They had the belly flop contest in the rain ( cruise director was soaked saying," It's just a sprinkle" )and my husband and I took the time out to read, catch up on some sleep and get to know some of the crew.:D

A few winters ago we were on Voyager on the Western route and it rained steady every day until the last day of the cruise (sea day). We actually had a wonderful time, one of the best cruises. It allowed us to go on many excursions we may not have gone on if the weather was nice. It was relaxing and fun. The kids even had a great time on all of the excursions. Of course any cruise is what you make of it. On the last day since it was finally sunny and I was going back to the snow, I felt compelled to bake in the sun for many hours and took home a sunburn as a souvenir.

Have a great trip

Bill

On our very first cruise we got chased by Hurican Wilma and we were the last ship out in Cozumel before the huricane hit.They had taped all the stuff up on the shelves in the gift shops so it would'nt fall off and tied everything down including the piano.The ship rocked the hardest I have ever seen and the dinning room only had about 25% full.I never found out how big the seas got but the spray off the ship was hitting the balconys.It was so bad that they put barf bags every where and had notes on all the doors not to go outside.We had the Concuest next to us and let me tell you what,"those ships can go fast if they want to".My hats of to the captians of the carnival ships for getting us out of harms way .Great job!

P.S.Even though there was a hurican chasing us this still was the best cruise and very fun and I will never forget it! Thanks carinival!

We sailed with Carnival on the Miracle back in 2004-2005, we left the day after Christmas from Tampa. We had flown down a day ahead, Christmas Day, it was VERY COLD AND RAINY -- the storm continued all night, the day we left on the Cruise it was cold but no rain, the following day was cold, but no rain, NO SUN EITHER. Finally in Grand Cayman it was sunny, but then on the Belize RAIN RAIN RAIN, we had the heat on in our stateroom. That was the worst weather we had ever -- but had a blast on the cruise. Nightlife was wonderful. Rain does take away from the thrill of a cruise -- but we tried to stay positive, the drinking helped.

Since sailing in December we opt not to go any more at that time -- we went back to our original sailing time of Feb Vacation (Presidents Week) usually great weather. Hope so we sail on the Radiance of the Seas this year !

• 5 years later...

Archived