Alaska

ladyjane550

If we knew more about your sailing we could answer your question. But it is safe to say that the best cabins for viewing Alaska are the afts. And, it's probably safe to say there aren't many of those left next year at all on any sailing. We waitlisted for an aft for 14 months for our last Alaska cruise and still did not get one.

Please respond and there will be a few Alaska cruisers that will help.

We found that most of the time, there was land on both sides of the ship. We wanted a starboard side cabin for our northbound alaska crusie a few years ago, but ended up on the port side (because the starboard side was sold out). It turns out that the port side was much better for Glacier Bay, and on most other days land was equally close on both sides. There was relatively little time when no land was visible from our cabin, and at those times we were far enough from shore that the other side did not have much to look at either.

We were on the Carnival Spirit to Alaska in June. We were fortunate enough to have an aft balcony, and we LOVED it! Because it never got really dark, it was not unusual to find my DH on the balcony in the middle of the night with the binoculars. He just couldn't get enough of that beautiful scenery!

We had a starboard side balcony cabin and chose it on purpose in order to see more scenery as we traveled north. We were very glad we did - there was not nearly as much to see on the port side as you go north. Then on the way back, they go further out to sea so the port side is further from the shore while going south. I loved having a balcony for Alaska - watching the bergy bits floating by and seeing schools of dophins and whales right from our cabin! And it was so warm and sunny (in Sept!) that we kept the sliding door open all day and night. What a soothing way to go to sleep - watching the stars and listening to the waves!! :)

Archived