Grand Cayman Beach Snorkel

hbennett

I want to get the most out of my snorkel time in Grand Cayman. I understand there are 3 or 4 good beach snorkel area just off the tender dock. The sites are supposedly easily available fromt he beach and are Eden Rock, Devil's Grotto, Cali Wreck and Cheeseburger Reef. Anybody snorkel these areas? What other facilities and such are around these areas for a non-snorkeling spouse? Thanks.

We loved Eden Rock..and will definitely go there again!

Just a short walk from the pier and they had lockers, a restaurant..and the snorkeling was great!

I have a few photos of Eden Rock, plus a few disposable camera photos.

I was new at this..so they are not all together..sorry.

http://family.webshots.com/album/558391502gCXSAk?start=12

and some underwater photos are here

http://family.webshots.com/album/558391502gCXSAk?start=60

There is a bar/restaurant not far from the pier that has a set of stairs leading right down into the water. I left my wife and others in our party at the bar and snorkeled right from the bar deck. There were paid excursions that brought customers to a shipwreck that was easily accessible from this bar! This bar/restaurant has a statue of a pirate in front, but I don't remember the name. Good luck!

There is a bar/restaurant not far from the pier that has a set of stairs leading right down into the water. I left my wife and others in our party at the bar and snorkeled right from the bar deck. There were paid excursions that brought customers to a shipwreck that was easily accessible from this bar! This bar/restaurant has a statue of a pirate in front, but I don't remember the name. Good luck!

:) That would be Eden Rock.

A few years ago we also snorkeled at Eden Rock, from the launch dock, turn right, 3 to 5 minute walk....it was great, folks at the bar/restraunt were very freindly. Great for my children who were 8 and 10 at the time....walk right down the stairs and you are off! We did have our own gear, don't remember if rentals were available. Snorkel a while, have a drink/snack, snorkel some more....perfect day.

We did Edens rock feb of 07 and plan on it again for feb 08:D

It was wonderful! They do rent gear I do believe fins where 4.00 So Im not sure what everything else would be. Im guessing 20.00us could get you in gear. We took a kodak under water camera I think it was 14.00 at walgreens. It took very nice photos.

They feed 3 and 4 foot Tarpoon fish, raw chicken every 30 min to keep them in for the divers. They also have a out side shower and small sandy area with about 10 lounge chairs. They didnt charge for us I think because we rented something. We feel this was the hilight of our trip and cant wait to do it again. Oh there was also a water trampoline for the kids.

Enjoy!

Archived