Docking In San Francisco?

cruisecrasy

The ships head in so starboard is the dock side.......you get the Golden Gate view........port side faces Oakland Bay Bridge. I'm pretty sure I have several pictures of the ship docked in SF.

Pier 35 is the usual dock.PS: Oh, I didn't answer your first question......yes.

Chuck had thatright but just remember when the ships leaves the views of the city will be on the portside. As you go out on S.F . Bay Alcatraz will be on the starboard but still a city view will be on the portside.

marilyn

Leaving from San Francisco is breathtaking. Hopefully you'll have a clear day...no fog. If your ship leaves in early evening, the city glistens, as you head out under the Golden Gate.

Even though I'm a Bay Area native, and have sailed from this port 4 times, I'm always in awe of this beautiful sight.

Karyn

Just the info I need - Most appreciated..

If I may one more question please - As we are there for 2 days & overnight and wld like to spend most of our time on the balcony while there enjoying the Bay area (lived in Irvine, CA for 4 yrs and have already visited SF numerous times) which side wld u choose and why?

Happy cruisin' all!

I would definitely get on the starboard side for the City view, it will be spectacular at night.

by the way i checked my pictures, I have several shots of the ship at dock in both Infinity albums, a couple below both from a starboard cabin balcony..

2577072250054406160S425x425Q85.jpg

try this link

As others have posted the ships usually tie up on the starboard side at Pier 35. The Pier is at the foot of Telegraph hill and Coit Tower, and just east of the Pier 39 amusement area and Fisherman’s Wharf.

FWMap.jpg

Peir 35 is on the right corner of this map from the Fisherman's Wharf Merchants Association.

As others have posted the ships usually tie up on the starboard side at Pier 35. The Pier is at the foot of Telegraph hill and Coit Tower, and just east of the Pier 39 amusement area and Fisherman’s Wharf.

FWMap.jpg

Peir 35 is on the right corner of this map from the Fisherman's Wharf Merchants Association.

Most appreciated - exactly what I need..

So, lets see if I understand this - the ship enters the docking area between Pier 33 and Pier 35 - typing up at 35 - is that correct?

Again, many thanks to everyone for all this assistance.

Happy cruisin'!

You are correct, you will be to the right side of pier 35 as it shows on the map. Bow of the ship will be pointed toward Coit Tower and Chinatown. To you right will be the pier 35 building and a little further down will be pier 39 and Fisherman's wharf.

Archived