Has anyone stayed @ Homewood Suites Achorage?

acud

we got an unbelievable rate + free breakfast at this hotel in anchorage. trip advisor has high ratings. this seems like a too-good-to-be-true deal.

if youve been, what are we missing???? would you recommend this place?

any other anchorage recommendations? (2 nites, july)

I just booked this hotel a few nights ago for May of 2008. We are sharing a 2 bedroom suite with another couple and got everything for two nights for just over $160. I couldn't believe the price so I hope there are no unpleasant surprises.

I was just about to book and took a look at TripAdvisor and noticed that they had a different address from what was listed on the Hilton website, one @ 101 W 48th & one @ 140 W. Tudor Rd? Are these 2 different properties or are they the same? If it's the same I'll definitely book today!:confused:

There's only one Homewood Suites in Anchorage, at 101 West 48th Avenue. The rates for the dates I need (Aug. 1-3) are $309 for a one-bedroom suite, and $278.10 prepaid - NOT good rates, in my opinion. I booked the Courtyard when they had the breakfast lovers rate on weekends for $104/night. That rate is now $204/night.

**Edited to add that I just put in my dates one night at a time, and I DID see the 2-bedroom suite for $72/night! That's an error on their website, but they will probably honor that rate! Last summer I and another poster here booked the Hilton in Anchorage and got the "Romance package" on the club level floor for $46/night! Unfortunately - when I changed our land trip itinerary - I had to cancel the reservation.

I was able to book all but one night I need at that rate, so thanks for the head-up! However, there IS this notice in the Rules and Restrictions that says, "We reserve the right to cancel or modify reservations where it appears that a customer has engaged in fraudulent or inappropriate activity or under other circumstances where it appears that the reservations contain or resulted from a mistake or error."

I can't find that rate for my dates at all now. Maybe they had a very limited supply?

I'll keep the smoking room until I hear what other's experiences are once they get there. Please post if you reserved this rate and have problems later!

Thanks!

UMTerp

OMG!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!! To whoever posted this rate! You just saved me a lot of money! $72.58 total for 2 Bed/2 Bath Non-smoking suite + breakfast. I had a reservation for $200+ at the Marriott! :D :D :D

I can't find that rate for my dates at all now. Maybe they had a very limited supply?

I'll keep the smoking room until I hear what other's experiences are once they get there. Please post if you reserved this rate and have problems later!

Thanks!

UMTerp

According to my AAA Tourbook - this Homewood Suites has only 4 (four) 2-bedroom suites. The rest are one bedroom suites or studios.

As I mentioned above, the hotel could decide not to honor the rate, as it's an obvious error. I am keeping my reservation at the Courtyard until I hear from people who are traveling before me that the low rate was honored.

The "market rate" for the 2 bedroom/2 bath suite is $379. I'm no longer seeing the incredibly low rate for the dates I checked next summer - so it appears the error has been fixed.

Error? What error? I think you mean the sale is over :D .

Two suggestions from someone who has booked quite a few ultra cheap airfares (in fact I am in Los Angeles now en route to Cambodia for $200 round trip!) and occasional ultra cheap hotels.

1) do not cancel any other options you might have already booked

2) do not call or fax or EMail the hotel or the central reservations number. Let this settle for a couple of days - as NancyIL said, it looks like the rate is gone now.

If only a handful of these were booked, as looks like the case at least from this board (I haven't checked flyertalk, fat wallet, etc), the chances are very high that the hotel will honor the rate. If they balk, there are options.

Thanks to NancyIL's special personal alert to me, I was able to book this during my short layover in Atanta. Thanks NancyIL. And thanks to acud for finding and posting this rate.

Have to run - need to get a boarding pass for my next flight. :D

John

Their system wouldn't let me book 2 rooms at that rate at once so I booked 1 room online and then called their 1-800 # to see if I could get a 2nd room and they had one available at the same rate. So if you don't see it available try calling, they might have one available.

BTW, The service rep was surprised by the rate but she never told me it was an error.

According to my AAA Tourbook - this Homewood Suites has only 4 (four) 2-bedroom suites. The rest are one bedroom suites or studios.

As I mentioned above, the hotel could decide not to honor the rate, as it's an obvious error. I am keeping my reservation at the Courtyard until I hear from people who are traveling before me that the low rate was honored.

Thanks Nancy,

I'm going to do the same.

UMTerp

The comments of them possibly not honoring the rate had me a little nervous so I called their internet service # just to verify that the rate was not a mistake and I was told that it was not, that sometimes they give exceptional rates for those willing to pay way in advance. :)

The comments of them possibly not honoring the rate had me a little nervous so I called their internet service # just to verify that the rate was not a mistake and I was told that it was not, that sometimes they give exceptional rates for those willing to pay way in advance. :)

Their prepaid rate was $64.80 vs. $72 for the non-prepaid rate. Considering that the regular rate for the 2-bedroom suite is $379, I am still convinced that it was a goof on the part of whoever inputted the rates in the system. But as long as they are willing to honor that rate, I will be happy!

i just tried booking online and didn't see this rate. can anyone else find it now?

I couldn't find it last night, at least for the dates I checked.

Once something like this gets posted on the internet - it has a way of getting the attention of the company responsible for it. I think the fact that it was available such a short time confirms that it was a mistake, rather than an exceptional value - at 81% off the regular rate.

Archived