Help with ideas for a suprise

schwaja3

I've booked a cruise on Freedom of the Seas out of Miami in April. I'm planning on suprising my 2 boys, 13 & 9 at the time of the cruise.

Here's where I need some help. We live in NJ. How can I get them packed and to Miami without them knowing that we are taking a cruise.

My oldest son has already asked about going on another cruise (we've done 2, every other year) since 2008 is the time for one. I've told him that I will start looking for Fall 08. That has kept him happy for now.

As we get closer, how do I keep them in the dark until we reach the boat?

Thanks for any help!!!

Jack

Hmmm...well obviously they'll know you're going somewhere :) so how about making something up like you're taking a trip to the Keys or something like that. Then they'll be really surprised when they arrive at the port! And I can't imagine that they'd really look closely at what clothes you are packing for them....I mean I know my DH has nothing to do w/packing and I can't imagine that 2 young boys would either ;)

Hmmm...well obviously they'll know you're going somewhere :) so how about making something up like you're taking a trip to the Keys or something like that. Then they'll be really surprised when they arrive at the port! And I can't imagine that they'd really look closely at what clothes you are packing for them....I mean I know my DH has nothing to do w/packing and I can't imagine that 2 young boys would either ;)

Well, they actually do most of the packing themselves. We tell them what they need, and the take it out. I, the husband, then confirm it and put it in the bags. My wife then goes and gets more stuff that she thinks they will need.

I like the idea of telling them we're going to Fla. We fly down Sat. night, and then the next morning we drive to the port. That may be the way to go.

Thanks!

We did this! Our DD9 knew we were flying to FL to visit friends and then we packed up the rental car and told her we were going to the beach. We saw the Ships in the distance and said "Oh, cool, lets see if we can just go look at them from up close"- then we got out on the curb and unpacked the luggage- she just about flipped!

• 4 weeks later...

You could turn it into a game and have them guess where they are going on the way down. They'd have an idea that it is somewhere warm based on what they pack, but would have some fun trying to figure it out. You could give them as many or as little clues as you want.

Just want to wish you luck! I love surprises!!! We totally 100% surprised our then 7 and 9 year olds for their second trip to Disney. We woke them up with a snow globe playing "When you wish upon a star", and I thought that they were going to fall over the railing when they saw the luggage by the door. I had booked dinner at Chef Mickeys for that night and it was just the greatest day ever!!

Karysa

Archived