Two Questions night before cruise, earliest to port

sandestination

:eek: 2 Questions The night before the cruise some have talked about the raddison in port canaveral. does anyone know the cost of it

#2 If you stay in orlando the night before and you have already paid for carnival shuttle to port...what is the earliest they will pick you up from the airport and take you to the cruise ship. I know some peple have said you can't check in before 1:30... others have said they have been there at noon and checked in. I am so excited I want to get to the ship the earlest possible to get on ???

Reccomend any hotels in orlando....or pay extra to port the night before and stay there??? Need costs of hotels not transportaion

Thanks

Lynda

We had a group of four that sailed on the glory Oct 6th. We stayed at the Sheraton Suites Hotel right near the airport, they have a free shuttle to and from the airport. It was a suite so it slept 4 and cost around $150 for the night. Not bad when you split it in half. Then we booked transport with Priceless Transportation to the port. Both were excellent services. The Sheraton suites also offers a shuttle to the port.

We arrived at the port around 11 and were on the ship around 12. There were not many poeple at the port around 11, just make sure when you get inside you pick up your immagration forms at the kiosk when you get in the building because they don't tell you that you need them until you get to the counter then you have to go and get back in line. I got them when we walked in only because I was reading on this board.

I hope I helped

We have stayed at both the Radisson and Country Suites at the port and both are super. Wish I had a cruise and hotel room booked right now. Be sure and eat at the Grille, its right at the water and is soo good and reasonably priced.

Our cruise on the Glory is in June of 2008 but I have already made our reservation at the Radisson. For a king size bed our room is $115.00 and that includes two free breakfast buffets the next morning and leaving our car there all week, that alone will save $89.00. I think its a good deal and we have to stay somewhere! Good luck.

I was there in September and stayed at the Best Western at the Port (2 queen beds) it was $79, plus we rented a car at the airport since we were going in a day early it was $65 from the airport and $54 back to the airport (Budget)

We had a group of four that sailed on the glory Oct 6th. We stayed at the Sheraton Suites Hotel right near the airport, they have a free shuttle to and from the airport. It was a suite so it slept 4 and cost around $150 for the night. Not bad when you split it in half. Then we booked transport with Priceless Transportation to the port. Both were excellent services. The Sheraton suites also offers a shuttle to the port.

We arrived at the port around 11 and were on the ship around 12. There were not many poeple at the port around 11, just make sure when you get inside you pick up your immagration forms at the kiosk when you get in the building because they don't tell you that you need them until you get to the counter then you have to go and get back in line. I got them when we walked in only because I was reading on this board.

I hope I helped

Thanks that helps. I wished I hadn't already paid for transports through carnival. I would love to stay at the port but anyway I guess I will call My TA and ask her when the earliest carn. transfers leaves the airport.

We have stayed at both the Radisson and Country Suites at the port and both are super. Wish I had a cruise and hotel room booked right now. Be sure and eat at the Grille, its right at the water and is soo good and reasonably priced.

To all of you thank you very much for all the info....I am waiting on a call from my TA to see the very earliest I can leave the airport on sat for my carnival transfers. If they go early enough we will just shuttle from the airport to a local hotel and back.... If not we will rent a car for 1 way through hertz. My husband is a gold card member with hertz and they said we can rent the car for 1 Day 1 way to the port for $50..... then we still have our transfers paid for our way back. You would think being transfers you could cancel them but they won't let you. Weird you can cancel a car rental but not a shuttle transfer go figure....they get you coming and going but riight now I don't care just want to sail a-way.... My DH had a heart attack 6 months ago at 54 so he needs this tooooooo.....

See Ya'll there

Lynda

M. TN.

We sailed the Glory on September 8th this year.

Stayed at the Radisson the night before.

Was told by the desk that they didn't start running the free shuttles until 11AM or 11:30 because the port wouldn't be open for new passengers until then...

Total BS.

A friend who lives there told us we could arrive at 10 or definitely by 10:30AM and get in with no problems.

We arrived at 10:25 or so and there was already a bus from the airport pulling in and 20 or so people in line in front of us in the terminal.

We had taken care of check in and had a short wait and were boarding the Glory before 11:30.

Bill

We sailed the Glory on September 8th this year.

Stayed at the Radisson the night before.

Was told by the desk that they didn't start running the free shuttles until 11AM or 11:30 because the port wouldn't be open for new passengers until then...

Total BS.

A friend who lives there told us we could arrive at 10 or definitely by 10:30AM and get in with no problems.

We arrived at 10:25 or so and there was already a bus from the airport pulling in and 20 or so people in line in front of us in the terminal.

We had taken care of check in and had a short wait and were boarding the Glory before 11:30.

Bill

Thanks a million. The TA called me back and told me the earliest carnival transfers from the airport were at 11. However she gave me the toll free number for mears and they said they would start boarding around 9:30 and leave the airport by 10:15. She said they were loacated on the ground floor near the car rental palces. I'm glad I read your post and called YEAH!!!!

Archived