C. Soto or O. Brown or ?

MSPCUBS

Sorry if it's off topic - but I just noticed that you’ll be on the BOS. We were on board her this past summer in the Med.

I’d suggest you try a pre-dinner cocktail at the Champaign Bar. Suzie took care of us and she was without doubt the best bartender we’ve ever experienced. By the second night she greeted us by name, and knew our drinks. It quickly became part of our routine to meet our friends at “Suzie’s Place” for a pre-dinner cocktail every evening.

The entire crew of the BOS was special, and Suzie was one of the best.

Enjoy. :)

Sorry if it's off topic - but I just noticed that you’ll be on the BOS. We were on board her this past summer in the Med.

I’d suggest you try a pre-dinner cocktail at the Champaign Bar. Suzie took care of us and she was without doubt the best bartender we’ve ever experienced. By the second night she greeted us by name' date=' and knew our drinks. It quickly became part of our routine to meet our friends at “Suzie’s Place” for a pre-dinner cocktail every evening.

The entire crew of the BOS was special, and Suzie was one of the best.

Enjoy. :)[/quote']This particular cruise will be the least port intensive one we've ever been on (only 4 port days out of 10 total!) so we might just be hanging out at the bar more than usual! Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Just wanted to report back that we used Oscar Brown tours and everything went great! We had Tonie (Oscar's sister) and she was very good.

Did you do one of the packages or did you design your own tour? And how many people were in your group?

Thanks for the info!

ncmomof2,

We were 3 families of 4 last month (kids ages 6...12). We took package # 2. Not all of us planned to zip but we all did and loved it. The tour itself was fantastic! Oscar himself took us and I can honestly say we have been on numerous excursions, to some beautiful islands, and the experiane with Oscar and this entire excursion was tbetter than all others. My 12 year old actually said Oscar Rocked. And he did! Every thing we did and saw and tasted was a wonderful experience.

I did try to submit a review but was unable to in this board becauuse of the rules. If you have questions post and I will answer what I can.

Lisa

Did you do one of the packages or did you design your own tour? And how many people were in your group?

Thanks for the info!

We did Tour #1 (Tortuguero Canal boat ride, impromptu monkey watching stop, banana processing plant, stop at a man's house to hold a sloth, beach for ~20 minutes and quick driving tour of Limon. The van held 12 in all: The driver, our guide Tonie, our family of six and another family of four.

Just got back from our cruise last evening. We did Okey Dokey A-1 tour in Limon. Carlos was our guide. We had a great time though had a good laugh with our fellow tour mates at the start because we all had different information about what would be included in the A-1 tour. It ended up being exactly what I had been told it would be (tour of a local farm owned by Jose, holding a sloth and her 22 day old baby!, stop at a banana plantation, river cruise, stop at Bonita Beach for lunch which was included in the $54 cost, a stop at a view point over Limon and then a stop at a local supermarket to buy coffee before going back to the ship. Beverages were also included during the trip. Carlos was a great guide, fun and informative. The van was in good condition and air conditioned. I think there were about a dozen of us total in the group. There were quite a number of the Okey Dokey tour guides at the dock when we got in and they all had identifying shirts on plus signs up with the tour numbers and our names on.

I did try to submit a review but was unable to in this board becauuse of the rules. If you have questions post and I will answer what I can.

Lisa

Lisa, it's because you don't understand what the rules are. You can post a review on an existing thread where someone has asked for information on tours. You cannot start a new thread that is a review of a private tour or tour guide. Your thread was removed because you started a new thread to post a review.

Cruise Critic members like reading about other people's experiences, and we encourage people to share their reviews, both good and bad. They just can't be the topic of a new thread.

Hope this clears things up.

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

I was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me...

We are booked w/ okeyDokey for next week. 2 of the 6 of us will be ziplining. Does anyone know if they will charge the a-2 price for everyone, even though there will only be 2 zipliners. We will all be together for the rest of the tour though, right? :confused:

Dawn

You shouldn't be charged for the A-2 zip lining rate as the additional cost is for the admission to the zip line. I would suggest emailing Charlie at Okey Dokey, asking him and getting your answer in writing and taking it with you in case of any confusion when you get there.

We did Tour #1 (Tortuguero Canal boat ride, impromptu monkey watching stop, banana processing plant, stop at a man's house to hold a sloth, beach for ~20 minutes and quick driving tour of Limon. The van held 12 in all: The driver, our guide Tonie, our family of six and another family of four.

Thanks so much for getting back to all of us with this. Hope you had a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

I just read this review. Yes, there were many vendors trying to sell tours. Okeydokey Tours (Charlie Soto) and Oscar Brown Tours will be across from them (at the piers end) waiting for their folks. Oscar did mention that some will offer ziplining, but unless a reservation is made you cannot do it. I thought he was just saying that, but maybe it was really true?

"In Costa Rica, the area near the ship was really trashy, and locals pester you constantly the second you step out of the pier gate. Since we had not booked a tour with the ship, we bought a tour from a company on the pier. This was a big mistake. Those people will tell you anything to get you to buy their tour. They promised we would be back in 3 hours, when they really had no intention of being back by then. We almost didn't make it back before "all aboard" time, 4 1/2 hours later. Another group got back 25 minutes late, and almost missed the ship. Another family on our bus was told that the bus was going directly to the beach. Instead, they had to sit thru the whole tour, and got to a beach 2 hours later. We've done these kinds of independent tours in other ports with no problem, but people should be warned not to buy them in Costa Rica unless they are willing to risk missing their ship's departure."

Archived