Cooler?

fivesenuff5

There are 7 of us (adjoining rooms) going on Victory which does not have refrigerators. Will they allow us to bring a rolling cooler? My dd takes meds that have to be cooled and I am worried that a collapsable cooler won't stay cool enough.

Supposably TA called and they said they wouldn't put a refrigerator in the room but I might try to call special services myself.

The ice buckets in the room aren't an option for you? You can ask your steward for an extra one especially for his meds and I'm sure the steward would have no problem refilling it with fresh ice. I think the Victory even has ice machines in the hallways if you ever needed to get some yourself.

Sure, you can bring on a rolling cooler, no problem. The room steward should be able to keep it filled with ice for you, too. They just might be able to bring you a fridge, for medical reasons. Ask at the Pursers desk when you board. At the very least, the infirmiry will be able to refridgerate the meds for you.

Have fun!

A week supply of the med is $700.00.:eek: I guess I am just a little worried that if we are gone all day on an excursion that it won't stay cooled and that is ALOT of $$ to waste. I was thinking that in a smaller container the ice is going to melt alot faster than in a larger container.

A week supply of the med is $700.00.:eek: I guess I am just a little worried that if we are gone all day on an excursion that it won't stay cooled and that is ALOT of $$ to waste. I was thinking that in a smaller container the ice is going to melt alot faster than in a larger container.

Wow that is expensive. In that case, I'd bring a cooler. Are you flying to Miami? How will you keep the meds cool if you are?

There are 7 of us (adjoining rooms) going on Victory which does not have refrigerators. Will they allow us to bring a rolling cooler? My dd takes meds that have to be cooled and I am worried that a collapsable cooler won't stay cool enough.

Supposably TA called and they said they wouldn't put a refrigerator in the room but I might try to call special services myself.

I took a collapsible cooler with wheels and an extendable handle and it kept the ice remarkably good.

Filled in the morning, all it needed was a top off in the evening to keep my tonic wonderfully cold!

Archived