How does AO work for the 3 to 5 yr. olds when at Labadee?

There's a fenced in Adventure Ocean area with an open play space and a water activity space called "Luc's Splash Bash." You can see it on the map. I was wary about leaving my son there, so thought we'd check it out before deciding. I didn't have to decide, because my son saw the water stuff and made a beeline for it. All the counselors were there to welcome him and we spent two blissful hours in lounge chairs under a palm tree about 50 feet away - close enough to see the area but far enough away not to hear it. We picked him up at lunchtime and he spent the afternoon with us, but it was nice to have.

I asked on board to make sure there would be organized Adventure Ocean activities while I went on an 11:00 snorkeling excursion. Was told there was. When I went to check my daughter in, they told me I had to pick her up at 12:00 because they close for lunch. Had to reschedule the snorkling for later in the day. My daughter (8) didn't care much for Luc's Splash area (or whatever it was called). Thought it was more for younger kids. She ended up going snorkling with us and had a great time.

Thanks for the replies. So is it for the young 3 to 5 yr. group as well. I thought they did not let them in the water for safety reasons? We just wanted to do the Zip Line and not burden our friends with our girls for the 1 to 2 hours. Will the staff let you wonder off that far for an excursion or will the kids have to stay on the ship AO program.

Thanks for the replies. So is it for the young 3 to 5 yr. group as well. I thought they did not let them in the water for safety reasons? We just wanted to do the Zip Line and not burden our friends with our girls for the 1 to 2 hours. Will the staff let you wonder off that far for an excursion or will the kids have to stay on the ship AO program.

It as staffed by the same crew that was on the ship, and it is fenced in and can only be entered through the sign-in area. You should be fine as long as your excursion is during the time they are open. Have fun! I wanted to do the Zip line too, but we decided on the snorkle tour instead.

My 4-year old did the session from 9 - 11:45 two weeks ago. He loved it and had a blast. They played in water park section for about an hour then went to the sand section for the remainder. We spied several times and they were very attentive with him and he was having a lot of fun.

The night before ,you will get a schedule of activities for the Adventure Ocean at the island. There is none onboard on that day. And you have to pick up your kids at 12 noon for lunch break. It re-opens at 1 pm. My daughter is 8 and she loved the AO. I even bring her back to AO after dinner (7pm) until closing (10 pm). That's how much she was enjoying it.

So for the "session" do you have to sign them up for certain times? Or is it come and go as we please' date=' for signing them in and out? Is there plenty of room for all kids or is it just a limited space?[/quote']

You just sign them in, one time in the morning and pick up at 12 noon, then sign them in again at 1 pm and pick up at the end of the last activity (which I think was 3 or 4pm).

• 1 year later...

Archived