group cruise/e-docs ?

lynnw68

We are booked for a group cruise in Dec. I think final payment was due 3 weeks ago. I had elected to get e-docs but there is still a hold on our booking. I emailed our TA and she said that electronic documents were not available for group reservations. Does anybody know if this is true? Thanks in advance for any info.

We are booked for a group cruise in Dec. I think final payment was due 3 weeks ago. I had elected to get e-docs but there is still a hold on our booking. I emailed our TA and she said that electronic documents were not available for group reservations. Does anybody know if this is true? Thanks in advance for any info.

Thats a twist, many TA's are telling people paper tickets arent available.

Yes, you can still get edocs. I think everyone in your group has to make final payment before anyone in the group can access the edocs and print them out.

e-docs were the only way our group could get documents.

Paper documents are not available to groups- I think your agent has it backwards.

Do you have minors sailing without parents??

Do you have minors sailing with only 1 parent? You need consents to be put on the booking before documents are released.

Because we had 2 minors without parents it held up the whole process of docments. Our ducks were not lined up.

Another thing is-- with groups agents do not send in all the money the same time you do .

Ask your agent when the group will be finalized

We are with a group also and had the same "hold" on our reservation on line. I called Carnival and was told that we would have to wait until the agency finalized all the group plans - often as close as 30 days out. I kept checking and one day the "hold" was gone and I was able to print the e-docs. We have since received a copy of the e-docs from the agency as well.

e-docs were the only way our group could get documents.

Paper documents are not available to groups- I think your agent has it backwards.

That is not true either. I am booked with a group (sailing next week :D ) and we had the option of picking whichever method we preferred - edocs or printed docs. The only caveat being that the method chosen must be the same for all members sharing a cabin. So you can't have one person in the cabin get paper docs, and the other get edocs.

To the OP - for group bookings, the whole group has to be paid and the booking finalized (whatever that means) before you can print out your edocs. This normally happens somewhere between 45-60 days before the cruise.

That is not true either. I am booked with a group (sailing next week :D ) and we had the option of picking whichever method we preferred - edocs or printed docs. The only caveat being that the method chosen must be the same for all members sharing a cabin. So you can't have one person in the cabin get paper docs, and the other get edocs.

see, thats the part that i have a hard time understanding. (does it depend on the numbers for the group??)

when we did our group in August..the agent AND the group department person we worked with told us that e-docs is the only way we can get our documents.

I have been trying for a few months to understand their policies-- why can some and not others get around these policies?

(as for finalizing the group-- we make final payment at 7-90 days. an agent wont make that payment for us for quite a while after the fact..

see, thats the part that i have a hard time understanding. (does it depend on the numbers for the group??)

when we did our group in August..the agent AND the group department person we worked with told us that e-docs is the only way we can get our documents.

I have been trying for a few months to understand their policies-- why can some and not others get around these policies?

(as for finalizing the group-- we make final payment at 7-90 days. an agent wont make that payment for us for quite a while after the fact..

I don't know if this helps, but some agencies are set up so that they can only get e-docs, regardless of what the guest may want. Perhaps your travel agent is one of those.

My documents shows on hold too for my group booking arranged thru TA. I called my TA to ask why it was on hold and she called Carnival. This is her response:

"The booking is only on hold because the documents are not usually issued until approximately 30 days out form the sailing date. The E-Documents are a new form of system for Carnival. We ask that the customers NOT request the Electronic documents when completing the Fun Pass information on Carnival's website. We ask this for several reasons. However, the most important three are:

1. Once they are requested electronically, Carnival does not allow that request to change.

2. The formally printed ones are nicer.

3. We prefer to review them for you and with you.

In the case that you have already requested them as Electronic documents, please do not worry. Your trip will still be wonderful and we will still be glad to review the electronic documents with you. "

Archived