Prime Hotel Beijing,

dibotend

Hi Susan. How did you pick the Prime Hotel? Is that the hotel that Princess is using in Beijing?

We are going in 2009 and so far the Prime Hotel looks like a great property. We will be anxious to hear how you liked it, as well as your wonderful trip!:)

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Susan. How did you pick the Prime Hotel? Is that the hotel that Princess is using in Beijing?

We are going in 2009 and so far the Prime Hotel looks like a great property. We will be anxious to hear how you liked it, as well as your wonderful trip!:)

Phil

If this is the hotel on Wanfung street, I would not recommend it.

We just got back from Beijing last week and would not stay there again.

After spending 9 days in Shanghai, Beijing was a huge disappointment.

There's is a Crowne Plaza about a 3 min walk up the street to Prime Hotel, I would look at that instead.

The hotel was nice...nothing special, but service was not what we experienced in Shanghai.

When we tried to book a shuttle at the concierge desk, the person there argued with us about timings..we wanted to leave early that morning as my wife was wait listed for 1st class, we figured we'd leave at noon for a 4pm flight, considering driving time to the airport would be 1 hour. So we'd be at the airport for 1pm. The person at the concierge desk insisted we leave at 1pm or 1:30pm...tried to explain we wanted to leave early for a reason..he wouldnt' take that for an answer for whatever reason...and then wanted 500RMB for the fare...normal taxi fare was only 80RMB. Very strange.

My wife figured this was a 'state' owned hotel..and they gouge whereever they can.

Others have recommended staying at 'Western' owned or named hotels..I think we know the reason why.

We stayed at a Crowne Plaza the night before in Qingdao, and it was one of the nicest hotels we've ever stayed at...and cheaper than the Prime in Beijing to boot!!

Me and my husband staying 3 nights at this hotel prior to Princess cruise to Bangkok. 4th Dec 07. Is anyone else doing the same?

:) Susan

HI. We're going on the Sapphire Princess 4 Dec. also. How did you select this hotel? Have you arranged transport to the port on 4 Dec ? If so, please give details. Thanks, Bob.

Hi Susan

We are booked for the October 6 2008 Beijing - Bangkok Asia cruise with Princess.:) We are doing three days pre-cruise in Beijing. We are booked into the Sheraton Great Wall. We had no choice. Our TA (Thomas Cook) told us that this is the hotel used by Princess. We are also doing three day post-cruise in Bangkok and have been booked into the Shangri-La. Again, no choice of hotel.

Ros

HI. We're going on the Sapphire Princess 4 Dec. also. How did you select this hotel? Have you arranged transport to the port on 4 Dec ? If so, please give details. Thanks, Bob.

Hi Bob

Meant to add in my previous post that Susan is from the UK and all transfers to and from the airport / ports are included in the cruise price so no need to arrange own transfers. Have seen on these boards that Beijing is a very long way from the port. Perhaps you could explore this board and see what others have written about transfers. I'm sure I've read several posts on this very subject. Also, have you signed up for your Roll Call? I've had a look and there is a Roll Call for your cruise (Dec 4th 2007 Beijing to Bangkok?) with 180 postings. You may find this a great help. Enjoy your cruise.

Ros:)

Hi Susan and Bob

Just had a quick look at your Roll Call - there are folk there from the UK and also from Las Vegas, Bob! Lots of info re visas, excursions, hotels, transfers, etc and that's only on the first page. I'm so jealous - we've got eleven months to wait. Hope you both have a fantastic cruise. So exciting.

Ros

• 2 weeks later...

Check out tipadvisor.com...The Prime gets pretty good reviews however the favorite is the Park plaza Wangfujing. I've just finished this cruise...if anyone wants info, i'd be glad to help richmond@candw.ky I booked the Park plaza which seemed nice but I was upgraded to their sister hotel The Regent (which was awesome) because they were overbooked

i arranged private transfer and would be happy to give info if desired I aso booked lots of private tours ALL of which were great.

hope this helps

Archived