flight time out of Tampa?

letsgocruz1

I cannot get the search feature to work, so I'll go on and ask my question...we booked the Inspiration for Dec 17 this morning. What is the earliest flight time out of Tampa that we could comfortably make?

Right now I have refundable airfare booked thru Southwest. The flight departs at 2:40. I'd like to get out of there earlier than that, as we will be travelling with 2 kids and I know they'll get bored out of their minds.

I have read that the port is easy to get out of, and that security lines move fast at the airport. Would 10:30-11:00 be too early? What would your ideal time be?

Thank you for your help!!

tampa is an easy airport to get around...but you never know if the ship weill arrive and clear on time...i would not go with a flight before noon (altthough you might make it).....noon-ish is ok...

if you have REFUNDABLE, full fare SW tix...you can change them with no fee at the airport...(as long as there are seats)...i had, say a 4 PM flight once, there was one at 2 but i didn't think i would make it...wound up getting to the a/p at 12:30 and was able to change to the 2 o'clock.....

so, you may have that option too (flights around the holidays may be more crowded of course, but you never know!)

We were on the Legend in late August out of Tampa and had an 11:20 flight out of Tampa. We were off the ship by 8:45, picked up our luggage and were at the airport by 9:15. This was a Sunday and there was little or no traffic.

Tampa is an easy port to disembark from as compared to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale as long as the ship clears customs without any issues.

I can't seem to find any flights that leave around noon and aren't several hours long. Thinking I may just stick with the SW tickets I have (or go on and buy the cheaper, non-refundable ones) The SW flight doesn't leave until 2:40 but is a non stop to Louisville. Maybe we could find something to do that a.m. to entertain the kids. The aquarium maybe??

Archived