Cabo prepaid voucher program

awesomemamma

Has anyone heard of these? You get 35% off vouchers for restaurants and activities. For example, you buy $1000 worth of vouchers, they only cost you $650, and then you redeem them at the places they are for. Sounds almost too good to be true..... can anyone comment on this?

Has anyone heard of these? You get 35% off vouchers for restaurants and activities. For example, you buy $1000 worth of vouchers, they only cost you $650, and then you redeem them at the places they are for. Sounds almost too good to be true..... can anyone comment on this?

I know several restraurant, shop and business owners thast operate activities here...I asked around and no one has even heard of this program. I think you are correct...too good to be true.

Thanks Solita, I figured you would have an answer from me. You always have great info!

Hoping Johann and Sandra reply also, as their company is one that it says accepts them.....

Hmmm, that is interesting. I will be watching for their answer too!

They are not "to good to be true". They actually work very well. Go to CruiseCritic's parent company TripAdvisor on the web. On the forum board specifically for Cabo San Lucas you will find many positive discussions about the vouchers. The only real problem with these is that a restaurant that participates only offers a set dollar amount at any given time and when these run out, you are out of luck for that restaurant until they authorize them again. The vouchers you don't use can be returned to the program for cash. Most of the participating restaurants have menu's avail online so that you can plan your purchase amounts. I don't think you can get change from these so if you have a $50 voucher and a $40 bill, guess you would need to buy another round or leave someone a very nice $10 tip.

Again, lots to read at TripAdvisor.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using these vouchers for years and they are an excellent deal! You can even return the ones you do not use for a full refund. i just returned home from a 10 day stay and used the vouchers at many of our favorite places and some new ones. They are available at www.loscabosguide.com and then click on discounts. You can call Gerry at the San Diego office- she is very helpful.

I have already started purchasing them for our May trip!

Archived