Half Moon Cay cabana or clamshell rentals....

Liv2kruz

Can anyone tell me of a contact person in Half Moon Cay that we could contact to reserve either a cabana or clamshell in advance there in HMC? I was hoping we could line one up before we go, to make sure we are guaranteed one upon arrival. And, are the cabana rentals any less expensive to rent privatly rather than thru carnival?

Thanks.....

Can anyone tell me of a contact person in Half Moon Cay that we could contact to reserve either a cabana or clamshell in advance there in HMC? I was hoping we could line one up before we go, to make sure we are guaranteed one upon arrival. And, are the cabana rentals any less expensive to rent privatly rather than thru carnival?

Thanks.....

GRAB a cabana if you can . You get first debarkation , a cooler with different

liquids(water and pop) , snorkelling equipment and snacks.

Most inportant a Air conditioner on the cabana .:)

The cabana is quite expensive, though. If you have a group of folks who can all contibute to the cost, then it's probably worth it.

Depends on when you sail, too. When we were at HMC in May 2006, it was very hot. We had a hard time finding chairs and shade.

Last December, we decided we'd get clamshells. For some reason, it took forever to get a tender. We were late arriving, then they have to send crew over to set up the lunch. By the time we got to the island, there was a LONG line at the building to rent equipment and clamshells.

After standing in line for about 15 minutes, we were told that they had rented all the clamshells and we'd have to go the other end of the beach and get one down there.

:mad:

So we hiked down the beach and stood in line for another 20 minutes.

Clamshells were fine. We propped up the back to get a breeze.

The down-the-beach location was better for us anyway. Close to the buffet lunch, away from the music and party atmosphere that was closer to the dock.

So, depends on what you want. Early excursions will get priority tendering, so be prepared to stand in line.

As far as I know, you CANNOT book the clamshells in advance. I think CAN book the cabana, but as I said, I wouldn't do it unless I had LOTS of people to chip in on the cost.

NCTribeFan,

The down the beach location for clamshells sounds good to me, I would like to find more of a quite beach setting.

Can you give me some details on where "down the beach" is? I mean when you get off the ship, would we be heading left, or right? I would rather just go straight to this location rather than trying to find a spot right off the ship in the crowds.

Thanks!

I found a map!

http://www.geekcruises.com/pdf/Half_Moon_Cay.pdf

Zoom in and you can see a little box with a "2" in it next to "water sports center" - that's the one you want.

It's a beautiful beach - the nicest I've ever been to. I wish my upcoming cruise stopped there rather than Grand Turk. You'll love it there.

Thanks.....

Which ever you do, Half Moon Cay is one of the most, if not the most, beautiful beach I have ever been to. The temperature and water were perfect when we were there in March. Don't count on too many private rentals--it's a 'private' island.

Have fun!

NCTribeFan,

The down the beach location for clamshells sounds good to me, I would like to find more of a quite beach setting.

Can you give me some details on where "down the beach" is? I mean when you get off the ship, would we be heading left, or right? I would rather just go straight to this location rather than trying to find a spot right off the ship in the crowds.

Thanks!

During our stop in 06 , you had to reserve your clamshell or cabana.

Cabana's where gone 8 weeks before our departure

:)

As I understand it, the only time you can reserve cabanas before boarding the ship is if you are sailing with HAL. Carnival only lets you reserve once on board (get in line fast, I hear they go quickly). You won't be able to find private rentals, as Half Moon Cay is owned by HAL - sorry:o

No, Carnival doesn't make them available online. On ship only. That's when we decided we didn't really need a cabana in December and the clamshells would suffice.

I need to do a Western or Southern Caribbean next, but I want to go back to HMC so much!

• 3 months later...

Would anyone be able to tell me exactly how expensive the cabanas are to rent. I will be sailing on the Carnival Liberty and would like pricing on the

1. Cabana Rental as well as the

2. Private Oasis.

I've also read that you can only book these after boarding the ship and that they go fast. Where exactly on the ship do I book them. Thanks in advance.

• 2 years later...

We rented a clamshell on Half Moon Cay last week and it was a total of $17 on our S & S card. It was great. Two lounge chairs fit in the clamshell. There were six of us in our group and it was a great place for all of our stuff and DH to be in the shade. The rest of us were in the ocean and laying out in the sun on the beach or exploring this gorgeous island. It was hot, but a little breezy and absolutely the most beautiful beach and port stop. No wonder the sign says......I want to stay here forever. Gorgeous! By the way, the waiters do make the rounds on the beach taking drink orders. They come by often. I cannot even begin to explain the beauty of this place and the great day we had.

Would anyone be able to tell me exactly how expensive the cabanas are to rent. I will be sailing on the Carnival Liberty and would like pricing on the

1. Cabana Rental as well as the

2. Private Oasis.

I've also read that you can only book these after boarding the ship and that they go fast. Where exactly on the ship do I book them. Thanks in advance.

Cabana's are $225 for 4 people - you can only rent them on board no advance reservations. I think they have about 13 cabanas and they seem to get rented pretty fast.

Privat Oasis cost $1299 (last amount I have heard about) for up to 12 people. This can also only be reserved on board there is only 1 Oasis so it's a chance... if you get there in time.

Hope that helps.

Tammi:cool:

Can you reserve a clamshell on board ship or do you have to wait until you arrive on the island?

Rent on the island, no reservations, first come first serve. They have plenty. When I was there they didnt rent many of them at all. I just pulled a lounge chair under a tree and I was a happy camper.

Archived