Kids on Millennium

gr8grannie

We are thinking of taking our 5 year old grandson with us to the Caribbean. We hear the passengers on Celebrity are older and we are wondering if he would find many children his age in the kids club. He's been on two Disney Cruises.

We are thinking of taking our 5 year old grandson with us to the Caribbean. We hear the passengers on Celebrity are older and we are wondering if he would find many children his age in the kids club. He's been on two Disney Cruises.

It depends on what time of year you go. I usually travel in the fall and there are very few children on the cruise. I also picks cruises that are 11 to 14 nights long. Last year there were only about 5 young children on our cruise. I think during the summer months there are more.

Hi gr8grannie,

I have not cruised on Celebrity yet but have booked the Infinity for Alaska next year. I try and read up as much as I can here on Cruise Critic on the different cruise lines. Besides the Disney cruise line, I would think RCCL would have many more children on board that Celebrity. They seem to have a lot more activities and programs set up for kids of all ages. Just my own opinion;) .

John

I have to say I do take my grandchild with us and she loves the kids club. she has so much fun, there is a lot of activities for the kids and you never see them. I know kassidy did not want to be with us she wanted to be at the kids club so we would drop her off and pick her up to eat. she was 5 and there was about 20 kids there. we went march 2 so school was still in at that time. So now she wont let us go with out her lol she is going with us on the summit in feb.

Our children enjoyed the kids club on Celebrity very much. As another poster mentioned, the nuber of children can vary depending on the type of cruise and time of year, but there were plenty of children (not annoyingly so...) and activities when we sailed with them in Alaska during the summer and the Caribbean during the Spring. While not necessarily as many options as what is available on RCCL or Disney (we've been on those also), it's also not as overwhelming (for us or the children) either.

If you choose during school periods, on longer cruises, there are very few kids on board. We did two cruises on X in the past 12 months, and on the first, right after Thanksgiving, there were 2 school age kids on board. On the second cruise, a 14 day Panama cruise in January, there were 4 school age kids on board. If there are so few, the "kids program" was barely running, since the ages of the only kids on board were very different.

Archived