Transportation from airport to hotel in Anchorage

Plut0

We are staying at the Anchorage Hilton and wondered what is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel. Is there a shuttle service similar to Mears in Florida with whom we can make a reservation? Or should we just take a taxi?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Mary

I can tell you from recent experience that a HAL shuttle the opposite direction (hotel to airport) is a disaster in the making.

First, it will be late (the 4:10 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. ones were) and then verrrryyyy slow. Plus, if you get our driver, you'll be struggling with your own luggage no manner what your age or disability.

I'd pay for a cab to lessen the frustration if I ever have to stay at the Hilton on a HAL tour again. It was a terrible ending to our 11-day cruisetour.

"Thanks to all for your help & advice. Our May 28th cruise was much better for it!"

We were there May 13-15 this year. After a lot of checking we came to the conclusion the only way to get to town is by renting a car (cheap as $18/day + taxes) or take a cab. There doesnt appear to be any shuttle service and most the hotels with shuttle service (including the sheraton) would take you around town and to the railroad depot but not to the airport (which is all of about 6 miles away!). Even the car rental companies that operate in town would not come to the airport to pick you up but would shuttle you to the airport after dropping off the car!! (Budget for one). We rented from Budget at the airport and dropped it off at their downtown location. I cost about $34/day total and we were only about 5 minutes walking distance from our hotel, the sheraton. You dont need a car once downtown really but you can easily go to Talkeetna for a day trip if you have one. Also, I believe the Days Inn was the only hotel with airport shuttle service that we found.

Carnival Spirit 12/10/03

Coral Princess 5/15/04

Archived