Restaurant for FLL--Sunfish or Blue Moon?

loriva

Was wondering if those of you in or with recent experience of Ft. Lauderdale could help us in making a decision.

We are looking for a nice place--defined primarily as really fresh, well-prepared seafood with some local color and good service--for dinner the night before our cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale in late November. We did a search of the boards here and Zagats's and believe we have narrowed it down to either the Sunfish Grill or Blue Moon Fish Company (the Ft. Lauderdale by the Sea location). A search of this forum found mention of these two restaurants, but no current comments.

Has anyone eaten at either of these restaurants this year? Your thoughts? A rough estimate of what a cab ride to Blue Moon would cost from the Renaissance on 17th SW? (The Sunfish is reachable via the Water Taxi, it appears from the map so transportation there would be no problem.)

Many thanks in advance for your comments,

It's a shame you haven't considered 3030 Ocean restaurant situated within the Harbor Beach Marriott. It knocks the socks off of both Sunfish Grill and Blue Moon. Don't get me wrong, your two restuarant choices are good, but..... 3030 is only 5 minutes from your hotel. It's one of the top-rated restaurants in town, the word fresh is defined at 3030. ;)

http://www.3030ocean.com/

///////////////

Hi Bequia,

I was hoping you would weigh in with your extensive knowledge!

You are correct--I overlooked 3030 Ocean. The Zagat rating is just about the same as the Blue Moon, but I forgot to go look up their website and menu.

One quick question--does 3030 Ocean have a view? That was one factor swaying us toward Blue Moon.

Many thanks again,

Here's a couple of tips for you....

If your traveling Thurs - Sunday you can hop on the Sun Trolley and take it to the restaurant. The Sun Trolley will stop right in front of your hotel. It's only 50 cents and runs till 10pm. If you run late just grab a cab from 3030 back, should be less then $8.

From October 1 through November 15, a selection of Greater Fort Lauderdale restaurants are offering specially-created, three-course menus at a $35 fixed price. 3030 Ocean is one of them but it's only offered Sunday - Thursday.

http://www.sunny.org/static/index.cfm?contentID=507

///////////////////////

We'll be there on a Thursday, but unfortunately after the special has ended.

Thanks for the info on the Sun Trolley. I already had it on my list of info about Ft. Lauderdale due to your previous postings. Very nice blog site as well!

Thanks for all the great info shared with all of us.

Take care,

Archived