how does tipping work on Carnival

nugrammy

How does tipping work on Carnival? I saw I think $3.50 a day for cabin steward. Is that per person? There are 4 of us, and I'm trying to let everyone know wha their costs are going to be. How aboput waiters, etc?

It's $10 Per person per day. Additional tipping...eg. Maitre D' and Cabin Steward, et. al. is at your discretion. Additionally, 15% gratuity is automatically added to any purchases made from a cocktail lounge / bar or to any refreshments received on the Lido deck or elsewhere.

Your $10.00 per day per person is for your steward, waiter and assistant waiter. 15% is added to the bar bills. It's up to you if you want to tip extra or tip the head waiter, personally I've never tipped the head waiter, he's never done anything for us.

Okay. How do they determine how much tip will be put on the Sail & Sign account? Do they give you a form to fill out?

As was pointed out, the tips are $10 per day per person, so for 2 people on a 7 day cruise, it will be $140 total, and are automatically put on your sail & sign account. If you want to adjust those up or down, you need to go to the pursur sometime during the cruise. You can also just give cash to your waiters or cabin steward in addition to the automatic tips.

As was pointed out, the tips are $10 per day per person, so for 2 people on a 7 day cruise, it will be $140 total, and are automatically put on your sail & sign account. If you want to adjust those up or down, you need to go to the pursur sometime during the cruise. You can also just give cash to your waiters or cabin steward in addition to the automatic tips.

OKay. So, Iam assuming that I should only expect the $10 a day per person? For any Carnival cruise? I am still deciding between two.

OKay. So, Iam assuming that I should only expect the $10 a day per person? For any Carnival cruise? I am still deciding between two.

Yes, the $10 per day per person is on every Carnival ship, it's the only charge on your sail & sign that is 'automatic'. You can always tip more if you find a waiter or steward you really like. You can also 'pre-pay' the tips at the time of booking so you will be paying them before your cruise and they won't be on your sail & sign account, some people just like to get them out of the way, but if there are problems, you can't adjust them down if you have a problem during the cruise.

Yes, the $10 per day per person is on every Carnival ship, it's the only charge on your sail & sign that is 'automatic'. You can always tip more if you find a waiter or steward you really like. You can also 'pre-pay' the tips at the time of booking so you will be paying them before your cruise and they won't be on your sail & sign account, some people just like to get them out of the way, but if there are problems, you can't adjust them down if you have a problem during the cruise.

Thank You. I think I will pre pay and not have to worry about it. You have been very helpful:)

I believe on Carnival it is automatically added to your Sail and Sign account. I do know that on RCCL you have to sign up for this service with a form they are supposed to give you during the cruise. If you don't sign up, you have to put cash in the envelopes--a big pain. We found this out the hard way on our last RCCL when we didn't get the notice in our cabin.

You can always go to the purser's desk and raise or lower your automatic tip for someone at any time. I always give a cash tip to our kid's program people too.

• 3 years later...

No need to tip tender staff.

But if it is a contract tender then you might see a tip jar.

The only time we have tipped a tender crew was in Catalina, Ca. The guy made our ride. We did doughnuts through our wake in Avalon Harbor. :D

Do you tip the tender staff to at grand cayman?

Added tipping-

Taxi driver to the pier the morning of the cruise.

the Porters who take care of your bags- $1.00 a bag.

Room service.

Taxis for any excursions.

tour guides.

• 1 month later...
:)

I like that it's automatic. makes it easy peasy.

Question, does Carnival provide envelopes for giving more to my favorites, or should I bring my own?

Thanks!

We didn't use envelopes just handed the cash over with a handshake. They don't leave you envelopes anymore since it is all charged to your sail and sign or prepaid before the cruise.

Archived