Ventura Baltic Splendours Cruise

Yarco

Hello Everyone, this is my first post and i have a question i am making my first cruise next june on Ventura cruise N808, to the baltic and scandinavia and would like some advice regarding shore excersions.

Two years ago my mother and sister sailed on Oriana and found out that the excersions booked with P&O, were less than satisfactory i.e. only half days ashore in some places and they felt rushed on others, so i would like to hear from people on what they advise as according to my itinery of my cruise the time in port in some places is no more than 10 hours.

So obviously i would like to see as much as possile and do not want to be going ashore at 1pm when i can be on shore at 9am, and therefore have the full time that the ship is in port there before she sails i would prefer to go on P&O's excersions as it makes sense to but only if i will be getting the maximum time on shore that is possible.

Regards Yarco

I am going on this cruise as well. The only excursion we are doing with P&O will be in St P although I am contemplating doing a private tour as the company includes your visa in their price. I found out about them on fodors.com -in the cruise forum. Take a look!

Caryl

Hello Everyone, this is my first post and i have a question i am making my first cruise next june on Ventura cruise N808, to the baltic and scandinavia and would like some advice regarding shore excersions.

Two years ago my mother and sister sailed on Oriana and found out that the excersions booked with P&O, were less than satisfactory i.e. only half days ashore in some places and they felt rushed on others, so i would like to hear from people on what they advise as according to my itinery of my cruise the time in port in some places is no more than 10 hours.

So obviously i would like to see as much as possile and do not want to be going ashore at 1pm when i can be on shore at 9am, and therefore have the full time that the ship is in port there before she sails i would prefer to go on P&O's excersions as it makes sense to but only if i will be getting the maximum time on shore that is possible.

Regards Yarco

Hi Yarco

When you get your cruise booklet it gives the length of each trip, therefore you can see what you are getting.

Often you can combine a morning trip and an afternoon one to a different place. Some trips are designed to take you somewhere in the morning and then leave you at the ship or in the town for you to do your own thing. If the ship is any distance away there will be a shuttle bus.

Have a look on the P&O website, this will give you a description of the trips for your cruise. You could then come back and ask about specific trips.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

I am going on this cruise as well. The only excursion we are doing with P&O will be in St P although I am contemplating doing a private tour as the company includes your visa in their price. I found out about them on fodors.com -in the cruise forum. Take a look!

Caryl

Sorry if this has been covered before (haven't had time to hunt through the P&O threads yet), but I gather from our travel agent that if we 'do our own thing' in St P we need to organise our own visas. If we do a ship's tour then they are organised for us. Does anyone know if this is accurate please?

Mary

Sorry if this has been covered before (haven't had time to hunt through the P&O threads yet), but I gather from our travel agent that if we 'do our own thing' in St P we need to organise our own visas. If we do a ship's tour then they are organised for us. Does anyone know if this is accurate please?

Mary

Yes, if you go on a P&O tour, this is covered by a group visa and you dont need to do anything other than show your passport and tour ticket to get through the Russian immigration

Brian

Archived