PG cat C cabin location

time2play

We are getting close to booking our trip and I would love to get insight from those of you who have cruised on the PG.

The Regent rep suggested we avoid a category C room that had a tender below it, as it obstructs the views from below.

What cabin section of the 7th deck (Cat C) have others found they liked best? We realize some things are personal preference, but would like to hear about other peoples experience.

thanks!

The Regent rep suggested we avoid a category C room that had a tender below it, as it obstructs the views from below.

What cabin section of the 7th deck (Cat C) have others found they liked best? thanks!

We are on a waitlist for a "C", so we would take a "C" anywhere. :)

We're about to leave on our 2nd cruise aboard the P.G. and were so pleased with cabin 743, that we've booked it again. We had an unobstructed view from our balcony and it was just wonderful. We ate breakfast on the balcony every morning and can't wait to do it again!

We are getting close to booking our trip and I would love to get insight from those of you who have cruised on the PG.

What cabin section of the 7th deck (Cat C) have others found they liked best? We realize some things are personal preference, but would like to hear about other peoples experience.

thanks!

Our cabin is a C, 708, forward for our cruise leaving 12-12. Our TA told us that it is quieter toward that end of the ship, as the cabins from 712 foward to 7006 are on top of other cabins, instead of on top of some of the public areas, such as the promenade and fitness center. Looking at the ship, I would say that cabin is at the beginning of the forward third of the ship. We booked relatively late, and have a twin bed cabin - we don't need the twins, and will request that the beds be put together, but there is always the hope that if Regent needs the twin for other pax, they will offer us an upgrade - sometimes that happens. We are always concerned about the possibility of motion sickness, and I do understand that mid-ships is the most stable location. However, from my experience on the PG before, it is unlikely to be rough. If it is, we are taking plenty of Bonine, and we always wear our sea bands........

:D

thanks!

Our cabin is a C, 708, forward for our cruise leaving 12-12. Our TA told us that it is quieter toward that end of the ship, as the cabins from 712 foward to 7006 are on top of other cabins, instead of on top of some of the public areas, such as the promenade and fitness center. Looking at the ship, I would say that cabin is at the beginning of the forward third of the ship. We booked relatively late, and have a twin bed cabin - we don't need the twins, and will request that the beds be put together, but there is always the hope that if Regent needs the twin for other pax, they will offer us an upgrade - sometimes that happens. We are always concerned about the possibility of motion sickness, and I do understand that mid-ships is the most stable location. However, from my experience on the PG before, it is unlikely to be rough. If it is, we are taking plenty of Bonine, and we always wear our sea bands........

thanks!

We have sailed for a total of 35 days in a Cat C cabin.....no complaints from us.

Our favorite cabin is as far forward as we can get......no probs with seeing the lovely water below us..........nor the mama whale with her calf or the pair of huge mantas nor the sea turtles nor..........well, I think you have the idea!

What cabin number were you offered, just out of curiosity? What category did your agent suggest?

Been on the PG three times and really don't think the tender location is a big deal. When you are at the islands, the tenders are in the water all day so there is not much commotion. When the anchor drops, the tenders are put in the water as are the zodiacs. I suppose if you are directly above the gangway they use for the tenders you might hear some noise but most of the days you are going to be out and about anyways.

Didn't have a problem with a midship C or ever heard of a problem. I would also note that if you are prone to seasickness the PG (because of its design) has very signficant movement towards the bow if there are seas, so weigh all your concerns before deciding.

thanks for all the input

the concern raised over the tender, was that when not in use, it extends out over the sides of the ship so it would obscure your view from the balcony if looking down to the ocean - .

we are still finalizing our dates, and with all the info provided by the posters to our question, we feel we have good insight depending on what cabins are available at the time we would book.

thanks again - everyone on this board is awesome!

The tenders definitely do not extend past the side of the ship when stored for travel. You have to lean out from the balcony/veranda to look down and see them. I think if you visit the RSSC website there some views of the PG in transit which verifes this.

The tenders definitely do not extend past the side of the ship when stored for travel. You have to lean out from the balcony/veranda to look down and see them. I think if you visit the RSSC website there some views of the PG in transit which verifes this.

Absolutely correct. You really have to want to see them to see them.

Be aware that most of the time, though not absolutely always, the gangplank is dropped and tenders boarded on the starboard (i.e., right-hand when facing forward) side of the ship. After two cruises in starboard C cabins, we're switching to the quieter port side next time. For us, the starboard side involves too much engine-revving and other noise when we're sitting on our balcony having breakfast, or sitting with a book and a drink after returning from our shore excursions and wanting simply to enjoy the quiet and beauty of paradise.

Odd-numbered cabins are on the starboard side; evens on the port.

As mentioned above, you can't see the stowed tenders unless you lean over the rail to look back at an angle toward the ship's hull.

Be aware that most of the time, though not absolutely always, the gangplank is dropped and tenders boarded on the starboard (i.e., right-hand when facing forward) side of the ship. After two cruises in starboard C cabins, we're switching to the quieter port side next time. For us, the starboard side involves too much engine-revving and other noise when we're sitting on our balcony having breakfast, or sitting with a book and a drink after returning from our shore excursions and wanting simply to enjoy the quiet and beauty of paradise.

Odd-numbered cabins are on the starboard side; evens on the port.

As mentioned above, you can't see the stowed tenders unless you lean over the rail to look back at an angle toward the ship's hull.

Can I ask where you were on the starboard side? Anyone else encounter this problem also? (Of course we're booked in a cabin on the starboard side...lol)

Can I ask where you were on the starboard side? Anyone else encounter this problem also? (Of course we're booked in a cabin on the starboard side...lol)

We were in 745, Starboard. We had no problem at all. :)

AtA, we were in 723 the first time, then 735 the second in order to be a bit farther back from the gangplank. 735 succeeded in its intended purpose but, being farther back, it was closer to the air conditioning machinery as well as to the engine room and its exhaust system. We were aware of the sound and slight vibration. Not unpleasant, mind you, but worthy of switching to the other side and farther forward next time. Probably something around 722 or 724.

Fact is, most people would probably agree with Texed. I happen to be both a light sleeper and a person who loves to sit on the balcony for hours with a book and a glass of wine and who doesn't want to listen to the constant comings and goings of boats and people. Chacun à son goût.

We have been in 724, 726, and 705. All were great. 724 and 726 were under the pool deck so when they cleaned the deck every morning we had drips of water come down on the rail of the balcony. One swipe of a towel on the railing took care of it.. But my favorite was 705. We have booked 705 again for our next trip.

Patricia

AZ, we will be in 708 on our trip in Dec - just across from you. These cabins are pretty far forward - did you notice more rocking and rolling due to that? Everyone always says mid ships is the best, but this is all that was left when we booked - so I am curious about the motion you felt compared to cabins more in the middle. I get seasick easily, and we are taking Bonine and wearing our sea-bands, but I am a bit apprehensive about it.

We stayed in cabin 702 and were very pleased with that cabin and its location. Our cabin was very quiet. We didn’t hear the band from it, nor did we hear deck cleaning above our cabin because there was another passenger cabin just above us. We loved the balcony; we used it a lot. As for the port / starboard debate, we found that being on the port side of the ship on our 10 day trip was a great location. We were away from the noise of the dock in Papeete, we woke to Bora Bora approaching outside our balcony one morning. We had Motu Mahana outside our balcony window another morning. We had great views of every location. As for the issue of seasickness, I am somewhat prone to that, and found that I was just as uncomfortable one night when I was lower in the ship and toward its center as I was later in my cabin. I suspect that if you are also prone to seasickness, you will probably do just fine if you are prepared. I took ginger caplets several nights, and that was good enough for me except for the one night I mentioned earlier. I took a bonine that night and that worked well for me. Good luck with your plans; I'm sure you will have a great time.

Thank you twa, I appareciate your reassurance! You know how awful motion sickness can be, so you understand my concern. We can get queasy snorkling too long - watching the movie "The Perfect Storm" made us a bit green as well! Actually, most of the time the sea bands are enough for us. There is some kind of electronic device you wear that also works like sea bands, but gives an electrical signal to the pressure points - expensive though, and I don't know if it would be necessary. I do remember that that particular device can be ratcheted up for greater and greater stimulation - ( I don't know - that gives a funny mental picture, wouldn't you say!)

The reason my TA recommended this cabin was as you say - its under another cabin, rather than the public spaces where noise can be a problem. We do love our balcony, too - particularly at night when we hear the swish of the ocean as the ship moves, and feel the night winds.....

We are looking forward to a great trip!

Glenda

We are booked in C deck 716 for the Aug 27th cruise. Has anyone stayed in that cabin. Our TA recommended that side of the ship because of the views. I believe we can still change if we want but probably can't wait much longer.

Thanks

As luck would have it we have always been on the starboard side, your cabin is on the port side. I don't want to start an argument over which side is preferable, I think you will be happy right where you are. Relax, savor the anticipation. The only problem is that you will probably get the Tahitian flu for which there is no cure.

112 days and counting

Archived