PoAm Family Suite (AF) question

kwcrnp

We just got an upsell to a family suite on the PoAm. We're very excited but have a couple of questions.

1. It sounds like we'll still have the concierge service since we're going in Dec - sound right?

2. No butler.....

3. If someone has been in one of these suites (AF) - are there side windows or only the back patio door?

4. Anyone know what other things you get?

Thanks!

Kristi

Someone has to have been in an AF level recently.....

I've heard conflicting info about the concierge being available for level AF. Any insight from a recent cruiser would be great. :)

Kristi

• 1 month later...

Hi. I have a AF Family suite #10178 booked on POAm for Nov '08 & am also looking for all the info I can get on this room, since every website you read says something different. I hope you enjoyed your cruise. Do you mind letting me in on any of the info you found while on the ship.

Thanks a bunch!!

I appreciate any info you van give me.

I had a cat AF this past summer on the POAm. There is a floor to ceiling window in the small bedroom, and it is about 3-4 feet wide. Only sleeping for one in that room. But it does have a sliding door on it. The bed in that room is a couch/daybed type. Also a small desk area. when the bed is out...thats all you can do in there....is lay down.....no room for much else.

The cabin has 3 TVs in it. One in each bedroom (2) and one in the living room area. The floor to ceiling sliding door to the Lanai is in the living room area. I was in a deck 9 cabin....picked it due to the following....2nd largest lanai area...only deck 10 is larger....the window in the small bedroom gets pushed back more with each deck you go down...due to the wedding cake style of the aft end of the ship. Deck 10 cabin lanai is right under the aft deck of the outdoor buffet....stuff blows/falls down on you and or your lanai. People are right above you eating at rail side....not a bad thing...just something I noticed when I was scoping out these rooms.

I think these are the best rooms on the ship for 3 to 4 people..... the living room area has a double fold out couch thing.....the larger bedroom has a full size bed....a door....TV....plenty of storage... a phone. The smaller room also has a small closet/ and desk area.

Between the bath and living area is a set of storage places and the safe, Also the door that connects to the other room is in this area.

The only thing I did not like about this room was the door to the large bedroom had to be closed most of the time....due to the fact when opened it took up 80 percent of the hallway. In the living area is another phone and a fridge, and some storage areas on 2 walls. The lanai was a wrap around...plenty of room.

All in all...it is a very good cabin.....somewhat small....but gives you a good

layout for the space used.

Hope this helps.....

Chuck

Wow. Thanks for such a great discription of the room! I'm so excited! :D

What it sounds like from around the boards is thst all the special perks of staying in a suite start at the AE category. Is that true? I mean the family suite is not a mini-suite, I don't really understand that. In the NCLA magazine it says, "The little extras in your suite... Upon embarkation: fresh flowers, fruit basket & bottled water. Room Amenities: concierge, bathrobes, feather pillows, flat screen tv & DVD player (not available in all ships), refrigerator & espresso/cappuccion/coffe machine."

did you have any of that?

On the POAm .... all the stuff you listed, starts at the AE cabin. On our first sailing on the POAm we were in an AE cabin....and had all that stuff. I hope to do the POAm again this summer (2008)....and if so...it will probably be an AE again.....only because there are no AF cabins available for the dates I can sail.

Chuck

Archived