Help!!Late flight from San Juan! Need advice re:day's activity!

ukmel1603

:confused: Help! We disembark from the Crown Princess in San Juan at 6 am on Sat. Nov 3, and our plane doesn't leave until 8 pm. What are some ideas as how to handle our luggage, and what are the must-do activities in San Juan?? I certainly don't want to waste a whole day at the airport.:eek:

Any ideas??

Thanks!!

First of all, you won't be off the ship at 6am, probably more like mid morning.

Second, you have a few options for the day.

You can take an excursion (like the rainforest excursion) through the cruiseline after the cruise. This will keep you occupied for a while and your luggage will go with you on the excursion.

Another option is to store your luggage at Barrachina's, a restaurant in Old San Juan. Then you will be free to explore Old San Juan, including seeing the forts, shopping, etc.

Sometimes you can get a day room at a hotel, but from what I understand the few in San Juan that offer them won't let you book them until that day, so what you would have to do is call the hotels that morning to see if they have one available.

I recommend you go to the San Juan ports of call board and ask your question. Also, read through the multiple threads and you might get some great ideas.

Hi

If I recall correctly we had a flight out around 3PM. We were with RCL which had the program that took your luggage from the ship to the airport and onto the pane. We booked an excursion that did a tour of old Saun Juan, Fort Cristobal (not El Morro), and the Bacardi factory. It was a very easy going, informative tour. We also had an opportunity to sample some of the Bacardi rums and brought some home. It was about 4 1/2 hrs and got us to the airport around 12:45. I think there were some later ones that might suit your needs better. I think Princess has the same program for flight check ins. If not you can store your luggage at the airport and take a private tour from there. Good luck.

:confused: Help! We disembark from the Crown Princess in San Juan at 6 am on Sat. Nov 3, and our plane doesn't leave until 8 pm. What are some ideas as how to handle our luggage, and what are the must-do activities in San Juan?? I certainly don't want to waste a whole day at the airport.:eek:

Any ideas??

Thanks!!

We'll wave hello to you as we get on the Crown ourselves on November 3rd. We are also on late flights from San Juan to Newark (6:45PM) and I booked us on the tour through the ship to see old San Juan since the kids haven't been there yet, and the tour of Bacardi for DH and me :D It is a great way to kill some time, make sure we don't have to lug our luggage all over Puerto Rico, and we are transfered to the airport as well. No worries about getting cabs as we are 5 plus luggage. Enjoy the cruise! The Crown is a fabulous ship!

If you are planning on a ship's tour, check before the cancellation deadline to see when the get you to the airport. Some of them get you there very early.

Your airline might have an arrangement thay allows you to check your luggage through to the plane from the pier . . . if so, all you need to deal with for the day is your carryon.

Plan to be at the airport early . . . things can be inefficient and slow. If you get there early, they will be efficient:). The eateries and shops seem to close down early on weekends, so there may not be much to kill time while you wait.

Ukmel - I'm in the same boat --plane doesn't leave until 9:00 PM. I went ahead and got a Hotwire hotel (Marriott Stellaris) for the night. They will store our luggage until check -in time (which may be early since the previous night's guests are leaving for the next ship) and we can use the pool until then. I'm traveling with an elderly mother who may want to take a nap in the afternoon and even if it rains, at least we have someplace to hang out and watch tv until we leave for the airport at 7 ot 7:30. Even the latest excursions get you to the airport at 2 or 2:30. Good Luck.

Archived