Golf in Mazatlan??

Schrute Bucks

We played there on our trip October 6th. It was definately not as good a course as Puerto Vallarta or Cabo. You are also assigned a caddy. Don't let him try and be a golf pro and intruct you like he did us. The course at El Cid is in need of some serious overhauling also. I loved the course at El Tigre and the course at Cabo was absolutely the best. If I only had one day to play golf I would consider Puerto Vallarto or Cabo or El Cid. Hope this helps

We played there on our trip October 6th. It was definately not as good a course as Puerto Vallarta or Cabo. You are also assigned a caddy. Don't let him try and be a golf pro and intruct you like he did us. The course at El Cid is in need of some serious overhauling also. I loved the course at El Tigre and the course at Cabo was absolutely the best. If I only had one day to play golf I would consider Puerto Vallarto or Cabo or El Cid. Hope this helps

Thanks for that info. I did not realize you could golf on the cabo day? I thought it was too short of a day in port? Did you golf ALL 3 on your last trip?

Did you say they provide a caddy? That seem kind of cool. Never had that luxury before? Does the rate include a cart or do you walk and thats why they provide a caddy?

Sorry about all the questions?

Sean

We were also on the trip Oct 6th. We played all three courses. I agree that El Cid was the least favorite. The caddy rides on the back of the cart. The course is 3-9 holes. The course was in bad shape and we played a few holes on one course and then drove to another and so on and so on. It was hard to keep up what course you were on. The Cabo course was great. We were the first ones off on the tenders and the last ones back on. There were only four of us and the play went pretty fast. If you are a really slow player, the play might be a little fast. You certainly can not take a lot of time. Just as soon as we came off the course the bus was there. It is definetely worth it though. Hope this helps.

I have played El Cid several times. It is ok but the better course to play is the Estrella Del Mar Course. Both cost about $110 but Estrella Del Mar is much better and has several holes righ on the ocean. It is beautiful.

The cruise ships only offer the El Cid so when we cruise their I just call the golf course directly and book a tee time. It is a 30 minute taxi ride out to the course and it is well worth it. El Cid will disappoint compard to this one.

Help please from "iamgolfer" and "mapb",

This is our story. Mother non-golfer, going on cruise with son (16) who is an avid golfer. Dad can't get time off to join us.:( My son is a very good golfer, plays at least 18 holes once a week and our backyard is an entire putting green as of 3 weeks ago.:D Son would like to golf at least once if not 2 times while cruising on the Golden. Questions??? Do you remember how much it was to golf in each port? How much was it to use the golf simulator onboard? Was there a golf pro on the ship the whole time and did he join you on your excurisions? Do they have a minimum number of golfers needed for each excurision? I am wondering if he could get on the ship and then, not be able to golf because of lack in interest? I did go to the roll call for the week we are on the Golden and it looks like we have 2 other golfers already. What courses do you recommend? His current handicap is 8. How did you like the pro onboard? Sorry I asked so many questions but golf is a must for him on this cruise. As a last resort I will hire a taxi and take him to a course and ride along, but my hope is to have him join with other cruisers and book the golf excursions through Princess. Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank to all of you for this info. We are cancelling El Cid now and will decide what to do in the next few days.

Sean

I will be in Mazatlan on Jan. 2 and have booked King David Tours. I had read many negative review too about El Cid and decided to play Estrella del Mar instead. They have a package to Estrella del Mar for around $100 that includes transportation. Just do a search or go to the Mexican Riviera posts and you will find a link to their site.

Hello Everyone,

We just booked the Golf Excursion in Mazatlan(El Cid) for our upcoming "Golden" Voyage to Mexico(Nov.10-17). Has anyone played here? I'd love to hear about it if so. Thanks for any any info...

Sean

You might want to check out golfing ay Estrella del Mar. Far better course than El Cid & one of the best in Mexico. King David has a package tour for $105 which includes cart & transportation to & from cruise ship.

Have fun MazatlanMike

You might want to check out golfing ay Estrella del Mar. Far better course than El Cid & one of the best in Mexico. King David has a package tour for $105 which includes cart & transportation to & from cruise ship.

Have fun MazatlanMike

Do any of you have a contact email or phone number for "King David" Tours? Any help is much appreciated. Once again thanks for all the tips.

Sean

Do any of you have a contact email or phone number for "King David" Tours? Any help is much appreciated. Once again thanks for all the tips.

Sean

Hi sean,

Firstly, I hope all is well in your community with the fires, our thoughts are with you guys down south.

I have commented on another thread on this page re:golfing, but add that the desert course in cabo is one of my favorite courses in the world.

The Estrella del Mar course is wonderful as well, I would recommend taking the ships excursion as it is quite a drive out to the couse. The course follows the coastline and is wonderful, it also has a small turtle rearing pond that is quite interesting. Have a great cruise.

Tom

Hi sean,

Firstly, I hope all is well in your community with the fires, our thoughts are with you guys down south.

I have commented on another thread on this page re:golfing, but add that the desert course in cabo is one of my favorite courses in the world.

The Estrella del Mar course is wonderful as well, I would recommend taking the ships excursion as it is quite a drive out to the couse. The course follows the coastline and is wonderful, it also has a small turtle rearing pond that is quite interesting. Have a great cruise.

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for the kind words. We are OK for now. The fire came within about two miles of our house. It was scary yesterday.

I would love to play in cabo, but we are only there for a short time and I have never been. I really want to spend the time just hanging out and exploring Cabo. we are going to decide what to do in the next day or so.

Take Care,

Sean

wtoms,

Thanks for thinking of us here in So. Cal. . Nothing like seeing big plumes of smoke lurking in the sky. Fire is about 15 miles South of us right now and blowing towards the ocean. In-laws were from Penticton. I remember seeing photos from the fire you had there many, many years ago. That fire was devastating as well. As far as I can see from the info on the Princess site, it looks as though the do not offer the Estrella course as an excursion. I too, will be looking into the King David tours as a golf option for Mazatlan day.

Sean, keep us up to date with any info you come across.

Thanks to all and keep the good info coming.

disneydiane

Agree with previous posters re El Cid. Also remember it can be very hot & muggy in Mazatlan at this time of year. Bring insect repellant! There were tons of flying critters at El Cid, but I don't recall there were too many in Puerto Vallarta.

Has anyone here actually used King David Tours for Golf in Mazatlan. I know some of you have booked it for upcoming trips, but I'd like to hear from people who have actually completed the Tour with them. I'm just worried about it not being a "Princess Booked" Tour, (getting back to the ship in time,etc).

Thanks again for your help.

Sean

One more question...

King David Tours charges 105.00, that includes Golf @ Estrella Del Mar and R/T Transportation. If you go to Teetimesmexico.com you can get Estrella Del Mar for 69.00. How much would trans be to get from the Ship to EDM? Would it really cost 36.00 p/p Round Trip?

Thanks for any information.

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I responded to your other thread looking for comments on King David's golf tour. To answer your immediate question, the ride out to the course from the Mazatlan pier is long - it was 30-40 mins each way. You could try hailing a cab out on your own and back, but we thought it was nice to have King David take care of that. Apparently, they do not charge you if for any reason your ship couldn't go into port on the day you booked. Hope this helps.

Hi,

It was my husband (together with my dad) who went with King David to Estrella Del Mar. The mode of transportation was a van. Yes, our understanding also, was that Estrella Del Mar was on Stone Island. So i don't know why their van ride was so long. Both of them brought their own clubs so i don't know how much club rental was. However, this website (Tee Times Mexico) quotes $30 for club rental at Estrella Del Mar: http://www.teetimesmexico.com/NewGolfCourse.aspx?location_id=103&golfCourse=704

hope this helps.

Archived