Hey, Disneyworld

LakeErieLady

We're on the 11 day POAl in Feb. Have a few questions- what did you pack for that long? Did you do laundry? How was the space in the cabin for all your clothes? Someone had said that the cabins were planned for 7 days not 10-11 ( and with getting in the day before and travel back we're closer to 14 days). Really like the long reviews. Thanks.

Of course, a lot depends on the cabin you are booked in. We had a superior inside and actually changed cabins after 4 days and got an outside cabin which was actually the same size as the superior inside.

We put all of our luggage under the bed.

We brought some extra hangers with us since there never seems to be enough of those. I guess we could've asked for more, but chose to bring our own. We were gone for 15 days and I packed DH and myself 7 shirts that were of light material so that I could easily wash them and they'd dry fast. There are some metal towel racks in the bathroom for the towels (about 5 of them), I just took them off and hung the garments to dry. I did have a couple of thicker shirts that one sea day I just took and put on my lounge chair by the pool and they dried fast.

DH and I wore jeans to travel since those were the heaviest clothes. I mentioned in my review that I should've brought a couple more longer pants for evenings. Since they are only worn in the evening, wearing them a few times would be okay. And a couple of sweaters.

I brought about 10 pairs of shorts since those are harder to dry and between the sea days where we wore mostly bathing suits, and mixing and matching, this all worked out fine.

There are a few drawers in the closet to use as well as shelving way on top. We also used the little love seat in the room to put some of our clothes on. We really had no issue with storage. As we bought souvernirs,we put them in one of the suitcases under the bed so as not to clutter the room.

If you feel that you won't have enough room for certain things, just leave them in a suitcase and take them out after a few days to replace whatever you have in a drawer, since now those things are probably in a laundry bag, which this too you can put in a suitcase instead of having it clutter the room.

For cosmetics, there are a few shelves in the bathroom. With all that I had and the small bathroom and both DH trying to get ready at the same time, this is what worked for us....I bought one of those shoe carrier things at the dollar store for !. before we left. There is a hanger on the door of the bathroom and I hung my cosmetics in there. When I was done needing the sink, etc. DH went in, we left the door open so I'd have access to my cosmetics hanging on the door and there is a little vanity area with a mirror in the room and I used that to continue getting ready. It's amazing how after a couple of days on the cruise we had all this done to a science.

Fantastic- just what I wanted to know- we have an ocean view, so it sounds about the same. We bought the shoe thing for our last cruise ( Caribbean- Carnival) but that cabin had so much room never used it. We used the under the bed storage idea before though- it's great for the suitcases and dirty clothes. Thank you!

Fantastic- just what I wanted to know- we have an ocean view, so it sounds about the same. We bought the shoe thing for our last cruise ( Caribbean- Carnival) but that cabin had so much room never used it. We used the under the bed storage idea before though- it's great for the suitcases and dirty clothes. Thank you!

What side are you oceanview? When we passed by Molokai and Napali coast it was port side. Of course it's wonderful to see on deck, but if for some reason you have to be in your cabin, (as we were getting ready while we sailed past Molokai), it's a great opportunity to still see things and get ready, etc.

I did the same thing and brought one as I read all about it on cc and we never used it. It got in the way more then is was used. This is with 2 women in one cabin.

I did the same thing and brought one as I read all about it on cc and we never used it. It got in the way more then is was used. This is with 2 women in one cabin.

I guess what works for someone doesn't always work for others, I just know that for us using the shoe bag for my cosmetics was a major space saver.

I guess what works for someone doesn't always work for others, I just know that for us using the shoe bag for my cosmetics was a major space saver.

Maybe cause I have a hanging cosmetic bag the QVC Freedom bag best thing since rock and roll. :cool: It goes everywhere with me.:D

The hanging thing is great for camera, cell phone, maps, water bottle, sun screen, bug repellent, flashlight, etc. etc. uh shoes! all the little stuff that makes clutter or gets misplaced or can't be found as you are going out the door

I plan to take it for this trip since we'll have that much more stuff to organize-

we're on the starboard side

Archived