Bolero October 10 Budapest to Prague just returned

LunaSeaRetreat

Just got back and we had a wonderful time. Highlight was a night sail out of Budapest--just beautiful. More later. It's time to do wash! Any questions ask away.

Cynthia

I've been waiting for someone to get back from this trip, I'm scheduled on the MS Bolero Budapest - Prague through Gate1 Dec. 13th. Did you end up staying at the New York Palace in Prague? I saw where some were changed to there from the Hilton, I spoke with our agent today, he said they aren't notified til last minute.

Were your flights changed? Just found out our connection Munich to Budapest is changed, we have about a 3-4 hour lay over. :mad:

I am curious to the "night sail" out of Budapest, not familiar with it? How was the MS Bolero? What did you do in Budapest and other cities?

What did you do about money along the way - how did you exchange your currency?

Thanks in advance!

Debbie

Texas

I've been waiting for someone to get back from this trip, I'm scheduled on the MS Bolero Budapest - Prague through Gate1 Dec. 13th. Did you end up staying at the New York Palace in Prague? I saw where some were changed to there from the Hilton, I spoke with our agent today, he said they aren't notified til last minute. Yes , we stayed at the Palace. It was beautiful. Our bottle of wine came with an apology from the Hilton. It was not Gate 1's mistake.

Were your flights changed? Just found out our connection Munich to Budapest is changed, we have about a 3-4 hour lay over. :mad: No, they were never changed. Frankfort airport was a mess!

I am curious to the "night sail" out of Budapest, not familiar with it? How was the MS Bolero? What did you do in Budapest and other cities? The MS Bolero was very nice. The cabins were large for a river cruise. The shower was the only thing that was tiny. Plenty of storage space. Our cruise was full and I felt the common rooms were too small to hold everyone. The food was better than I expected.

In Budapest we walked and walked some more. I had printed out some walking tours. We did the Opera House tour.

What did you do about money along the way - how did you exchange your currency? We mostly used credit cards. You do need some local money to use the WC. We exchanged in Budapest at the airport. It was right by the luggage claim and a better rate than in Philadelphia. We did euros on the ship and just $10 at the hotel in Prague. The tour guides were helpful with suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Debbie

Texas

Feel free to ask anything else. Oh, and dress warm!

Looks like the Hilton may have bumped you to other hotel? I am hoping we have the same thing happen as NY Palace looks awesome.

Did you take converter - I am thinking for curling iron and my husband uses a CPAP machine? I understand the Bolero provides hair dryers.

How was the shopping? Best spots? I am looking forward to shopping in Prague, I hear things are still reasonable there.

Sounds like you had cold weather, do you mind me asking how you packed for clothing - were you able to make it without laundry service or is there a service for that on the boat? I know....I am showing my ignorance...having never cruised on a riverboat!

I am really excited and counting down the days, anything you share will be helpful. Glad to hear your comments about the ship and food. I checked recently and I think our cruise is booked full too.

Debbie

Texas

Looks like the Hilton may have bumped you to other hotel? I am hoping we have the same thing happen as NY Palace looks awesome.

Did you take converter - I am thinking for curling iron and my husband uses a CPAP machine? I understand the Bolero provides hair dryers. Yes they have hairdryers. We took adapters not a converter.

How was the shopping? Best spots? I am looking forward to shopping in Prague, I hear things are still reasonable there. We didn't do much shopping because of the value of the dollar. Everything seemed expensive.

Sounds like you had cold weather, do you mind me asking how you packed for clothing - were you able to make it without laundry service or is there a service for that on the boat? I know....I am showing my ignorance...having never cruised on a riverboat!

There is laundry service. We went the layering route. I'm sure you will need a winter coat, hat, and gloves. It was 32 degrees when we left Prague. I ended up buying gloves in Vienna. The 10 day forecast before we left said temps in the 50's and 60's.

I am really excited and counting down the days, anything you share will be helpful. Glad to hear your comments about the ship and food. I checked recently and I think our cruise is booked full too.

Debbie

Texas

I'm sure you will have a wonderful trip.

Cynthia

Archived