Online check-in and credit card

Okay, finished our online checkin today. The "primary" person on the reservation is ME. The credit card we are using is my Dad's (he is my traveling companion). So, when we went to put the credit card info in, it goes under my Set Sail Pass documentation, and I click a button authorizing HIM to use it. Hmmmm....:confused:

So, will it be okay to leave our Set Sail Pass like that, or should we call and have them change him to the primary? I figure it'll be okay, as we have to present the credit card on check-in and he's on the trip with me. But, Dad's a little worried. So, figured I'd ask you guys!

Thanks in advance!

Okay, finished our online checkin today. The "primary" person on the reservation is ME. The credit card we are using is my Dad's (he is my traveling companion). So, when we went to put the credit card info in, it goes under my Set Sail Pass documentation, and I click a button authorizing HIM to use it. Hmmmm....:confused:

So, will it be okay to leave our Set Sail Pass like that, or should we call and have them change him to the primary? I figure it'll be okay, as we have to present the credit card on check-in and he's on the trip with me. But, Dad's a little worried. So, figured I'd ask you guys!

Thanks in advance!

Emily, in this case I would call the number for assistance with online checkin. I had a similar situation (but a little more complicated since two cabins were involved), and it was complicated enough that she had to walk me through it. Perhaps your situation is not in that category, but just to be safe, it wouldn't hurt. The person on the line was very nice and helpful.

Happy sailing!!!!

Just an FYI-

Let the credit card company know when you'll be on the cruise and what islands you'll be visiting, especially if you normally only use your card locally. All the "strange, foreign" charges may catch someone's attention at the company and cause them to shut it off until they talk to you.

You will be just fine. I had 4 cabins and used my credit card for all cabins, on the online check-in (the other 3 cabins we not even related to me, so no same last name) when we got to the port, the others used their own credit cards for their cabins, and we had no problems at all, even though it didn't match the online check-in paper. Have a great cruise!

Leave the credit card for your name blank. and continue. then whenyou go to his info put his credit card in and it will have boxes for you to check as to who is also on his card for charging.

We tried to do that, and when we clicked the payment part under his, it always jumped to MY part. Isn't that odd?

Just an FYI-

Let the credit card company know when you'll be on the cruise and what islands you'll be visiting, especially if you normally only use your card locally. All the "strange, foreign" charges may catch someone's attention at the company and cause them to shut it off until they talk to you.

If it was my credit card, they'd be yelling "Wait! It's a charge that isn't at a scrapbook store or a gas station! Shut it down!" :D But, they're used to my Dad traveling, so it shouldn't be a problem. That did happen to a friend I traveled to Ireland with once, and it was a nightmare for her. The 800 numbers she had for the credit card did not work internationally and it was just a ZOO finding the right ones. She got it straightened out, but it took her almost 2 days. No fun!

I think I may just call the 800# for the online check-in and make sure it's okay. I hate talking on the phone (but will type for hours, figure that one out), but I'll do it. Yes, I would like some cheese to go with my whine. :D

Thanks for all the advice. I was explaining to my Dad how the message board here works and how quickly you can obtain answers. He was amazed, and now thinks everyone here's a genius. So, take a bow!:cool:

We tried to do that, and when we clicked the payment part under his, it always jumped to MY part. Isn't that odd?

If it was my credit card, they'd be yelling "Wait! It's a charge that isn't at a scrapbook store or a gas station! Shut it down!" :D But, they're used to my Dad traveling, so it shouldn't be a problem. That did happen to a friend I traveled to Ireland with once, and it was a nightmare for her. The 800 numbers she had for the credit card did not work internationally and it was just a ZOO finding the right ones. She got it straightened out, but it took her almost 2 days. No fun!

I think I may just call the 800# for the online check-in and make sure it's okay. I hate talking on the phone (but will type for hours, figure that one out), but I'll do it. Yes, I would like some cheese to go with my whine. :D

Thanks for all the advice. I was explaining to my Dad how the message board here works and how quickly you can obtain answers. He was amazed, and now thinks everyone here's a genius. So, take a bow!:cool:

MtnBikerFallDown I see that your itinerary takes you to Belize City and Cozumel. Speaking from experience having done many western Caribbean itinerary's and having had problems especially in Cozumel. I would suggest you have your Dad call his CC company and inform them that he will be using his card in both of these ports. Most CC companies have a security or fraud division and if you let them know in advance you will have no problems. I only mention the security or fraud divisions because on one cruise the wife called the 800 # and gave them the info and we still had a problem in Cozumel and when we called back to the CC company they said that you had to let the security or fraud division know. Since we do that now we have never had any problems anywhere we travel. Nothing more frustrating for me than trying to buy something and being told that my cc has been rejected when I know there is know problem with it.

Archived