Parasailing at Half Moon Cay

R&R sail again

I have done parasailing at Half Moon Cay several times. I am afraid of heights, but did it anyways and loved it. You do not get the sense of how high you are and the peacefulness you experience is incredible. Is it worth the money, yes and no. I think most excursions through the cruise lines are overpriced, but hey, your on vacation, go for it, I think you will truly enjoy it.

There was one gentleman who was with me on my first parasailing, he was 70 years old and doing it for the first time. He loved it.

The first time I went parasailing happened to be at HMC; I did it as the day I was there I was also celebrating my 50th birthday THAT day (okay, it was a few years ago:p )

It was an amazing experience and I would recommend it. I'll always remember the colour of the water being remarkable from up in the air and how far you could see around the island. Yes, because it was my birthday, I got 'dipped' into the water as they were reeling me in but they didn't do it to anyone else that day.

It's a very easy set-up they have; once you're put in the harness you just easily lift into the air (w-a-y into the air:D ) and you land just as easily and safely back onto the boat. Try it, you'll like it!

The best part, in my opinion, is that you get the most spectacular view of Half Moon Cay from the air. You can see both sides of the island at the same time, and the beautiful blues and greens of the water are more distinctive from the air.

I didn't find it scary, but nobody told me that those ropes that hold you aloft make a noise.....sort of like a creaking door.....which startled me for a moment. Once I realized what it was and that I was secure, I just relaxed and enjoyed the view.

Worth the money? It was to me. I have also noticed that if you wait until they aren't too busy, you usually get a longer ride.

Archived