Aukland Before Evening Flight

CRUISENAV8R

What to do with the luggage on disembarkation day is always the dilemma. Your ship probably has a tour that delivers your luggage to the airport while you are toured around Auckland. Likely $$$$. The Hilton hotel is right at the pier. You can walk to it. You might see if they can store it or give you a day room. Then I would hop the Hop On Hop Off that comes down there and tour the City. One stop would be Kelly Tarltons for sure.

We have a 7 PM flight out of Aukland (same day as we arrive) and are looking for suggestions for what to do. Also, what do we do with our luggage? (Family of 4)

Thanks

Jon

Email Ian nzpersonaltours@ihug.co.nz .I'm sure he will customise a day tour for you picking you and LUGGAGE up at the Port and dropping you at the Auckland Airport around 4pm. I've organised this for pax on my cruise. The tour includes Auckland City sights, Waitakere Ranges, Titirangi, Piha and Muriwai beaches ...also farming and vineyard country. For 10 pax it works out NZ$90 each. If this is too costly check out www.explorerbus.co.nz which costs $30 for a day pass. Luggage can be left at AIRBUS depot in Quay St if you are taking it to the Airport $15pp, however this makes Ian's tour more attractive and less hassle ;) Taxi to Airport is $60 - there goes the cost of 4 on Airbus!

Happy travels and good luck with Ian :)

B E V

Thanks!

Jon - if you go to Devonport, go straight to the info centre; they are a great help there (follow the signs). It's a nice walk along the beachfront to North Head (turn right out of the ferry terminal). There is an old 1900s fort there and an 8" disappearing gun. For a little more exercise, walk up to the top of Mount Victoria - another 8" disappearing gun up there, too, along with great views. To the left and a few hundred meters down the way is the Navy Museum in Devenport (admission is a donation). It's a NZ$9.00 round trip ferry ride per person to Devonport from the Auckland terminal. It leaves often -- there are two ferrys; one leaves Auckland while the other leaves Devonport. They empty out and load, and then leave again. Have fun!

Archived