Ft. Lauderdale lodging question

dukemha

Sleepless,

I'm wondering what kind of price you found for the Embassy Suites in March? We've stayed there before and really enjoyed it, but the lowest rate I've found was $310 a nite. For the short time we'll be there I'm not sure it's worth it. We're also sailing in March.

I think that our rate is in the $300 range. As other posters have indicated, a cooked to order breakfast is available, and a managers reception in the evening. I have not stayed at this Embassy Suites, but have stayed at others.

Has anyone been to this hotel? I am arriving 5Dec pre cruise.

It's an older property, typical 1950's hotel. All entrances to rooms from the outside exterior corridors. Close enough to the beach, Sun Trolley, water taxi. Fine for a night, not for a week. ;)

We are cruising March 15, 2008 - Carnival Liberty - booked cruise in Oct. Started to check out hotel options - shocked to see how high most rates are.:eek: !

Other posters indicate rates at same hotels for half of what we will be paying. For example...Sleep Inn - our rate $188, other posters' received rate of $77 -I guess we are paying a premium because of Spring Break.

Did check out Priceline/Hotwire etc...but have certain hotel needs which would make bidding very difficult.

Plus, there are twelve of us travelling from various parts of Canada & the US, all arriving the same day, but at different times.

Any hints on getting a better hotel bargain (other than on bidding sites). By the way, I get the AAA rate. Also have Entertainment Card.

Preference is for hotel that offers complimentary airport and cruise port shuttle, plus a free breakfast - we're a little cheap:D !

Thanks in advance and if you cruising March 15/16th, and need a hotel the night before, you'd better book soon!

We are cruising March 15, 2008 - Carnival Liberty - booked cruise in Oct. Started to check out hotel options - shocked to see how high most rates are.:eek: !

Other posters indicate rates at same hotels for half of what we will be paying. For example...Sleep Inn - our rate $188, other posters' received rate of $77 -I guess we are paying a premium because of Spring Break.

Did check out Priceline/Hotwire etc...but have certain hotel needs which would make bidding very difficult.

Plus, there are twelve of us travelling from various parts of Canada & the US, all arriving the same day, but at different times.

Any hints on getting a better hotel bargain (other than on bidding sites). By the way, I get the AAA rate. Also have Entertainment Card.

Preference is for hotel that offers complimentary airport and cruise port shuttle, plus a free breakfast - we're a little cheap:D !

Thanks in advance and if you cruising March 15/16th, and need a hotel the night before, you'd better book soon!

may i suggest you call a couple hotels DIRECTLY (not toll free Numbers) and ask for the sales department.....since it sounds like you need several rooms, maybe they can work something out for you.....the marriott courtyard and springhill suites are near the a/p and have the shuttles you need....

for the most part, hotels are all using a best rate guarantee which means that if you find it cheaper, they will match...EXCEPT for rates on bidding sites...try the sales dept route....it might help (might not but what the heck!)

We have the Comfort Inn on 17thSt. next month which includes shuttle from the airport and to the port, also breakfast in the am for $79, around $84 with taxes. Think it will be fine for 1 night. We like the area, stayed last year at the Amerisuites for the same price.

Archived