Princess Cays snorkeling ??

rsbg1

Hi, This will be our first Caribbean cruise, and we would like to try snorkeling. We would like to do this at Princess Cays on our own. Is this a good place to get our feet wet at :rolleyes: ? lol. We are going in Jan. on the Grand. Thanks:D

Hi, This will be our first Caribbean cruise, and we would like to try snorkeling. We would like to do this at Princess Cays on our own. Is this a good place to get our feet wet at :rolleyes: ? lol. We are going in Jan. on the Grand. Thanks:D

It's Not great... But not bad. Stay to the far left (looking from the ship). There is a place to rent gear and a nice little reef. The water is clear and plenty of fish.

Have FUN!!

We absolutely LOVED our snorkle experience in Princess Cays! So many fish!! There is a small gazebo out over the water. Aim for there. Its close the the hut you rent the equipment. They feed the fish from that gazebo. Also keep it to yourself and try to be on one of the first tenders. The more people that show up, the fish do thin out some, but there will still be plenty to see. Unless you're strong swimmer, rent the life vest. Going out around the edge of that area is easy, your swimming along having a great time. When you turn around to go back, your fighting the current and it wears you out! I thought I would drown before my husband could reach the bottom. Take the little disposable underwater cameras with you. Theirs are very expensive.

Debbie

• 2 weeks later...

I also think Princess cay is a good snorkel. Usually decent visibility, little current, lots of fish.

There is not a lot of coral and the water is cool, but it is better than coki beach in st Thomas or divi in St Marten IMO.

I always look forward to snorkeling at Princess Cay.

Archived