Sensation......

beth_s

Hey Beth! The Sensation has the "Kaleidoscope", which is a fun place late night... seems to be overrun with the younger crowd until about 11 or so. They have a "teen mixer" in there at 9... but at 11 it becomes 16 and older (wish they would change that to 21). They play "club" music, fun dancing in there... they usually kicked us out around 3:30-4... they have the "Michaelangelo", but I think that was more laid back, I have no idea because it seemed to always be closed for a private party...

Michaelangelos was closed a lot of nights for our cruise way back in 2000. But it was opened a night or two- my kids had a ball in there. It isnt loud like the Kalidescope was.

Awesome ship the Sensation-- my favorite

Hey Beth! The Sensation has the "Kaleidoscope", which is a fun place late night... seems to be overrun with the younger crowd until about 11 or so. They have a "teen mixer" in there at 9... but at 11 it becomes 16 and older (wish they would change that to 21). They play "club" music, fun dancing in there... they usually kicked us out around 3:30-4... they have the "Michaelangelo", but I think that was more laid back, I have no idea because it seemed to always be closed for a private party...

You are always so helpful ...and provide such good information !!!! ... Yeah the whole 16 and older thing ...hmmmm ... I am w/ you .... change that to 21 and older ..... I dont know how I feel about partyin' w/ some 16 yr olds ....LOL ... Do they serve drinks in there ? ..... From the way you described it ....I think my friends and I will have a ball in there .....LOL ... Then again ... we have a ball anywhere we are ......LOL .....We plan on trying to hit some of the cool clubs in Cozumel .... and we are going to do an excursion to Cancun while we are in Playa del Carmen I think ...... so I am sure we will find our fair share of clubs ....LOL ..... Happy Crusin' Sister .....

Beth

Hey Beth! Yes, they have a bar in the disco! We closed it down every night and had a blast... then make your way to the pizza bar at 4am!!!!

In Cozumel, go straight to Carlos n'Charlies.... then on your way back to the ship, give yourself a little while at Fat Tuesdays. You can see the ship from there. LOTS of fun!!!! You guys will have a blast, you sound like me... not many places I can't have fun! Enjoy and I can't wait to hear your review when you get back!!!!

Hey Beth! Yes, they have a bar in the disco! We closed it down every night and had a blast... then make your way to the pizza bar at 4am!!!!

In Cozumel, go straight to Carlos n'Charlies.... then on your way back to the ship, give yourself a little while at Fat Tuesdays. You can see the ship from there. LOTS of fun!!!! You guys will have a blast, you sound like me... not many places I can't have fun! Enjoy and I can't wait to hear your review when you get back!!!!

Will do w/ the Carlos n' Charlies and Fat Tuesdays ....we had already scoped them out online ....lmao .....my question is about Paradise Beach .... did you ever go to that ? .... and if so could ya tell me a little about it ? ....... Our group is just trying to get an idea of cool stuff to do .... a couple of ppl are interested in parasailing ... the cheapest place for doing that ( I found online) was $50 dollars ..... and someone mentioned wanting to do the dolphin encounter as well ..... so we have a buncha ppl wanting to do different things ... and I am the organizer here .....LOL ... the planner if you will ...... I appreciate any tips you could give me .... Happy Cruisin'

Beth

We were on the Sensation 8/21 - WE went to PAradise Beach. It is very nice. The one piece of advice that I have is to not rent a car from ALamo - we were disappointed - the VW was so old we did not trust it to get all the way around the island (65 miles) so we ended up just going to PAradise Beach and shopping - would have been cheaper to take a taxi. San Franciso Beach is right next (literally the only reason you know you are leaving one beach to go the other is a wooden sign) and it is also nice - they have motorized water sports for $$$ - They also have a fresh water pool that my kids enjoyed (because the pool on the ship is salt water). We had drinks at Paradise Beach and lunch at San Franciso beach. Spent about $35.00 total.

Beth- I suggest that each person do their own things when in the ports. Especially since everyone wants to do different things. All you will do is stress yourself out-- you will not be able to make everyone happy- You can lead them in the right direction but let them take care of that stuff themselves. You wont be sorry.

Beth- I suggest that each person do their own things when in the ports. Especially since everyone wants to do different things. All you will do is stress yourself out-- you will not be able to make everyone happy- You can lead them in the right direction but let them take care of that stuff themselves. You wont be sorry.

We are planning to do things together .... we are all friends and we do not plan on all going separate ways in a different country ... not a very safe idea in my opinion ..... I wasnt saying that I was trying to plan everyone's itinerary ....but the 3 of us plan on doing things together and we are trying to get a game plan together before we go ... that is what I was asking Goin' Cruisin' about ...... but thanks anyway

Hey Beth! I'm not sure if Chankanab has parasailing.... but someone can tell you if they do.. there is a beach that will satisfy all of you!!!! I don't blame you for not wanting to celebrate together!!!!!!! You will have a great time no matter what!!!!!!

Hey Beth! I'm not sure if Chankanab has parasailing.... but someone can tell you if they do.. there is a beach that will satisfy all of you!!!! I don't blame you for not wanting to celebrate together!!!!!!! You will have a great time no matter what!!!!!!

I am sure they will have parasailing somewhere close ...... LOL ... shouldnt be too hard to find right .......hehe .... As a group there are 8 of us .....but the 3 of us roomin' together are friends all the same age .....so we like to do pretty much the same stuff .......but we just want to have a general idea of what we want to do ....so we can maximize our port time you know ..... between drinks ...LMAO.... Thanks again for the great information .....

Beth

Beth- Have you checked out the port of calls boards? There are locals posting on some of the ports. If there is a parasailing Im sure they can help you- I know there is a guy that owns paradise beach on the site. Hope it helps.

Paradise Beach is great. We considered that to be the best day of our cruise. Great food, great drinks and very clean. We talked to PB Tom and as of October, I think they will begin charging $5.00 for the use of the equipment (still very cheap).

San Francisco Beach is right next door and they have Parasailing. Not sure what the cost is but shouldn't be too bad.

Have fun!

Hey Beth, I'm the Arkie on the cruise with ya (group of 23) that has been chatting on some of the other Sensation threads, roll call, etc. I have a gal interested in parasailing, too, and I think I'm recommending we all meet up at Paradise Beach. There is parasailing at the beach next door for $55 for about 10-15 minutes. They also have banana boat rides that some are interested in as well as jet skis. Plus the lounges, beach, etc. are free. Water toys are $5. Snorkel gear costs a $10 deposit only so you get your $ back. The Cozumel port of call board has great info on Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach Tom from there posts on that board too, but he's on vacation until Oct. 6th, I think.

We've also rented a Jeep to go to the other side of the island that morning to see the bigger waves, beaches, etc. Just do some exploring. Good luck! See you in about 2 months!!!

We also tried this - ended up with a VW from ALamo- we did not end up going around the island because the car was soooooo old we did not trust it to get all the way around the island - it is 65 miles around and there is no short cut - so if you get stranded - I would think you would be in trouble. I was bummed because I did lots of research and didn't get a chance to explore. The jeeps from Executive did look a little more reliable.

Hey Beth, I'm the Arkie on the cruise with ya (group of 23) that has been chatting on some of the other Sensation threads, roll call, etc. I have a gal interested in parasailing, too, and I think I'm recommending we all meet up at Paradise Beach. There is parasailing at the beach next door for $55 for about 10-15 minutes. They also have banana boat rides that some are interested in as well as jet skis. Plus the lounges, beach, etc. are free. Water toys are $5. Snorkel gear costs a $10 deposit only so you get your $ back. The Cozumel port of call board has great info on Paradise Beach. Paradise Beach Tom from there posts on that board too, but he's on vacation until Oct. 6th, I think.

We've also rented a Jeep to go to the other side of the island that morning to see the bigger waves, beaches, etc. Just do some exploring. Good luck! See you in about 2 months!!!

That is such good information .... thank you so much .......I really would like to parasail ...but now let me tell ya $55 for 15 min that is highway robbery .....lmao .......but what can ya do ..... See ya in November ..... wooo hoooo ... Happy Cruisin'....

Beth

Archived