Referral Program

Eddie4Paws

I'm a bit confused about this program. The web site referral form states as follows:

"Enter your friend or relative’s email address below. We'll send them an invitation to register at princess.com for their discount. Upon their successful registration, each eligible referral will receive $25 off their first Princess cruise – and you will get the same amount off your next cruise with us!"

However, the terms and conditions states:

"Referral Rewards may not be used by the member until the relevant referral has sailed, unless the member and referral choose to sail together."

The first paragraph leads me to believe that I would get $25 off my next cruise when the referral registers, however the fine print says that the credit isn't given until person referred sails. Has anyone had any experience with this or can they clarify it for me? Each term seems to say different things. :confused:

If the person you refer is sailing with you, then you both get the credit off of that cruise. If not, then you get the credit after they have cruised. This way Princess is not giving a credit for someone who books and then cancels. Hopefully this answers your question.

We went through the referral program when our friends sailed with us this past summer. it only makes sense that you wouldn't get credit until they sailed. Otherwise, unscrupulous people would have folks signing up, then cancelling just so that the original people could get the refereal. It's a pretty standard clause in most cruise referral progams that we've run into.

Charlie

Archived