Tendering in Belize

Sunnymom02

I have a silly question about tendering at this port. Is it anything like tendering in Grand Cayman? Or do the cruise ships have to dock way out farther and therefore the tendering ride is much longer? Also, I read somewhere that the tendering in Belize is kinda like a "thrill ride"? What exactly does this mean? I really don't care to be on a tiny boat bobbing around way out in the middle of the ocean if that is what that means. Please help:D Thanks.

I have a silly question about tendering at this port. Is it anything like tendering in Grand Cayman? Or do the cruise ships have to dock way out farther and therefore the tendering ride is much longer? Also, I read somewhere that the tendering in Belize is kinda like a "thrill ride"? What exactly does this mean? I really don't care to be on a tiny boat bobbing around way out in the middle of the ocean if that is what that means. Please help:D Thanks.

Yes you are further "out" than at Grand Cayman but you can see the shore. The boats are quite high speed and range in size. However you won't be bobbing around in a tiny boat in the middle of the ocean. You will definitely be speeding along.

In GC, the ships can anchor closer to the pier. Shorter tender ride.

In Belize, the ships are in more open water. The seas can have a greater affect on the ride.

If you download Google Earth, you can actually see some cruise ships in relation to the piers.

When we came in by tender in Belize, it was on what I thought was one of the life boats. It was enclosed with windows and went very fast, but felt very safe.

Definitely farther out than other Islands, but the fast ride made it pretty quick.

I agree with the others. Loooooonnnnnngggggg tender ride. For us, it wasn't a thrill ride at all -- just a boat ride. However, if you look at the time of arrival, add a bunch of time if you want to get the time when YOU arrive. This is the longest queue I've ever experienced. Even though HAL had more boats than usual running, it took so long to make the round trip that it was an hour plus before we got off and we were in the first group (except for the HAL tours).

It's my understanding that the tenders for Belize are from the port because of the extensive barrier reef (2nd in size only to the Australian Great barrier reef). They want to keep it safe and damage to a minimum. That's why the large ships are kept at a distance.

It's my understanding that the tenders for Belize are from the port because of the extensive barrier reef (2nd in size only to the Australian Great barrier reef). They want to keep it safe and damage to a minimum. That's why the large ships are kept at a distance.

Actually, Carnival was building a pier in Port Loyola (South of Belize City) which would not have hurt the reef but there was some contractual battle and it was put on hold. Sure hope they complete it someday.

http://www.reporter.bz/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=522&Itemid=2

Do you all think it would be possible to make it into Belize in time to catch the 8:00 am water taxi to Caye Caulker? I dont have a tour, I only want to go to Caye Caulker for a couple of hours. Are there long lines at the tenders to get back to the ship at the end of the day?

BELIZE

7:00 am – 5:00 pm (ship time)

6:00 am – 4:00 pm (Belize time)

Belize to Caye Caulker

8:00 (9:00 ship time) arrive Caulker 9:00 (10:00 ship time)

9:00 (10:00 ship time) arrive Caulker 10:00 (11:00 ship time)

Caulker to Caye Belize

12:00 (1:00 ship time) arrive Belize 1:00 (2:00 ship time)

1:30 (2:30 ship time) arrive Belize 2:30 (3:30 ship time)

How much is the water taxi? We're still up in the air about what to do in Belize, so this might be a good option instead of booking a tour.

Do you all think it would be possible to make it into Belize in time to catch the 8:00 am water taxi to Caye Caulker? I dont have a tour, I only want to go to Caye Caulker for a couple of hours. Are there long lines at the tenders to get back to the ship at the end of the day?

BELIZE

7:00 am – 5:00 pm (ship time)

6:00 am – 4:00 pm (Belize time)

Belize to Caye Caulker

8:00 (9:00 ship time) arrive Caulker 9:00 (10:00 ship time)

9:00 (10:00 ship time) arrive Caulker 10:00 (11:00 ship time)

Caulker to Caye Belize

12:00 (1:00 ship time) arrive Belize 1:00 (2:00 ship time)

1:30 (2:30 ship time) arrive Belize 2:30 (3:30 ship time)

Archived