Pricess Carribean Oct 7th I was very sick from it!

dmandrsn

While on the ship myself and my husband contracted a sore throat. I have been sick ever since! Chills, fever, no voice. Am getting better now. My husband had to get stuff on the island (throat spray, lozenges, nose spray). Our room steward took ill the second day and was quarantined. We never seen him again.

It was also rocky, I spent formal nite in bed seasick. More than a few people were seasick on this one!

Other than all that, the cruise was wonderful!

I'm sorry you both caught a virus while on your cruise. Those things happen when you have a large number of people in a confined space. Almost 100% of the time, a virus is brought onboard by passengers and then spread. Also, whenever you're on an ocean, it'll be rocky; sometimes more than other times. That's not a surprise. :) I've done this cruise twice and had great times, even the time a couple of years ago when I too got laryngitis and the Pacific was acting up. That's "Mother Nature," not Princess or the ship. Look at my avatar: that's what it was like looking out my cabin window on my LA > HI > LA cruise. Your experience isn't at all unique.

I have to admit that I wonder why people who are prone to seasickness take cruises when there are so many other travel options available and then blame the cruiseline or Princess when they haven't done their research.

While on the ship myself and my husband contracted a sore throat. I have been sick ever since! Chills, fever, no voice. Am getting better now. My husband had to get stuff on the island (throat spray, lozenges, nose spray). Our room steward took ill the second day and was quarantined. We never seen him again.

It was also rocky, I spent formal nite in bed seasick. More than a few people were seasick on this one!

Other than all that, the cruise was wonderful!

i got sick afew weks ago, i hate that when that happens. i wasnt on a cruise ship. but i was still sick. does that count:cool:

The virus you describe is rapidly spreading on land, too. Here in Grand Junction, CO (about as far from sea as you can get!) lots of people, including myself, are sick. I haven't had a voice for two days, and that's bad news for a singer!:( (Maybe, good news for my DH?)

Archived