FYI Baby food on Carnival

vettecruiser1

Just got off the phone with a Carnival Rep. Asked about having baby food prepared for each day. Like have a fruit and veggie mashed up, Special services said they could not do this for us pre-boarding. We would need to talk to the Head waiter. I recall on RCCL people said they could have this preplanned. I guess Carnival wants me to lugg 7 days of food with me for that 3rd person rate. Wife is not going to be to happy when I tell her about this! I guess she will just have to not take as many shoes in her luggage.

That is such a bummer...I wish some of these cruise lines would take a hint from others that dont charge as much for a child ( ie Disney etc ) ( That is why we have only sailed with RC a few times and mostly with Disney especially having 4 kids to pay for..LOL!)

Hopefully you can get something else figured out so you wont have to lug all that food. I always just ordered mash potatoes, apple sauce etc stuff that my kids could eat so maybe thats a possibility if you cant get anything else done through the cruise line.......

Just got off the phone with a Carnival Rep. Asked about having baby food prepared for each day. Like have a fruit and veggie mashed up, Special services said they could not do this for us pre-boarding. We would need to talk to the Head waiter. I recall on RCCL people said they could have this preplanned. I guess Carnival wants me to lugg 7 days of food with me for that 3rd person rate. Wife is not going to be to happy when I tell her about this! I guess she will just have to not take as many shoes in her luggage.

Call them back and tell them that you will be travelling with a passenger whom is going to require a diet of soft/pureed foods and ask how you can ensure that this is available to you.

If they ask who the person is, tell them it's you, or your wife, and that you will be having dental work the day before you leave, or that your teeth are sensitive, or you just dont have teeth to chew, etc.

In other words, act as if you are trying to arrange it for yourself.

You may get a different response than the one you got the first time. If not then post to the main Carnival board and ask if anyone has had baby food pureed for them while on board.

I have gotten baby food on board RCCL. I called special services and they faxed the request to the ship. Once I got on board I saw the maitre'd (right outside the dining room) and set up a menu and delivery times with him.

I did lug a bunch of baby food on board (just in case), and I lugged most of it off the ship too!

Good luck and let everyone know how it goes, whichever way it works out for you.

Call them back and tell them that you will be travelling with a passenger whom is going to require a diet of soft/pureed foods and ask how you can ensure that this is available to you.

HAHAHAHA you are awesome! That is a great way to put it. :D

To vettecruiser1 - When my kids were crusing and under a year old, I was able to take the fruits/veggies and mash them up with a fork. I did that with all kinds of things, bananas, peas, green beans, carrots, etc. There seemed to be so many fruits/veggies available that my kids had many options. Then I would pack the plastic babyfood containers for the times we would be away from the ship - on excursions.

HAHAHAHA you are awesome! That is a great way to put it. :D

To vettecruiser1 - When my kids were crusing and under a year old, I was able to take the fruits/veggies and mash them up with a fork. I did that with all kinds of things, bananas, peas, green beans, carrots, etc. There seemed to be so many fruits/veggies available that my kids had many options. Then I would pack the plastic babyfood containers for the times we would be away from the ship - on excursions.

We all know that, if this were an elderly person, the ship would most certainly accommodate them...so, pose as an elderly person trying to arrange it! ;)

I gave them another call. Either I wasn't very convincing or they did not understand. I got the same response, they told me to talk with dinning room when I boarded the ship. I brought up special accomdations, such as you guys stated and Pete(the person on the other line) said should not be a problem but they have no way of pre-arranging. I guess it is different then if I was needing Kosher food, which would have to be pre-bought. I'm just simpling asking for food to hit the blender for lunch and dinner. Like I said before I guess I will just have to ask the wife not to bring so many shoes, so there will be space for food, which I'm sure we will be bringing back home after the cruise. I guess no smuggling booze or sodas this time since we will already be weighted down. Now on to figuring out what umbrella stroller to go buy, because there is no way we are bringing that big monster SUV stroller. I'm trying not to break the bank, but I do need one that reclines. I saw a pretty neet Jeep stroller that I think will work out and it was only $45.

We have done more planning for this trip than any other, including are very first. Oh well it is all about the stories right. The little guy will be a traveling fool before he is even 1 years old.

I saw a pretty neet Jeep stroller that I think will work out and it was only $45.

We have done more planning for this trip than any other, including are very first. Oh well it is all about the stories right. The little guy will be a traveling fool before he is even 1 years old.

Does the Jeep stroller recline? I have 3 Jeep strollers. One in full sized. Two are umbrella strollers but they don't recline.

I gave them another call. Either I wasn't very convincing or they did not understand. I got the same response, they told me to talk with dinning room when I boarded the ship. I brought up special accomdations, such as you guys stated and Pete(the person on the other line) said should not be a problem but they have no way of pre-arranging. I guess it is different then if I was needing Kosher food, which would have to be pre-bought. I'm just simpling asking for food to hit the blender for lunch and dinner. Like I said before I guess I will just have to ask the wife not to bring so many shoes, so there will be space for food, which I'm sure we will be bringing back home after the cruise. I guess no smuggling booze or sodas this time since we will already be weighted down. Now on to figuring out what umbrella stroller to go buy, because there is no way we are bringing that big monster SUV stroller. I'm trying not to break the bank, but I do need one that reclines. I saw a pretty neet Jeep stroller that I think will work out and it was only $45.

Did you ask on the main carnival board if anyone has ever had food pureed for an elderly person or a baby?

It sounds to me like you will be able to arrange something once you get on board. Yes, you are going to have to plan to bring enough food BUT there will be cheerios, yogurt, cottage cheese, bananas, cheese, lunch meat, steamed veggies, etc., from the ships menu, for you to add to your baby's diet .

The food you choose to feed depends on the age of the baby but I think you will find that there is enough available.

I am wondering if you are stopping in Cozumel...? there is a Cheddrari (SP!?) store that is easily accessible when you are in that port of call. You could always bring enough food to get you to that day and then go purchase more if Carnival says they cant accommodate your request. We got a can of similac, a sippy cup, and some meh-hee-can tampax (non-defective! :D) at Cheddrari last time we were there. We're big shoppers at Cheddrari!

(side note: if anyone ever goes to get formula at Cheddrari in Cozumel, it's in the pharmacy section, not in the main store.)

In general, in any port of call, there will always be a taxi available to take you to the local supermarket for baby food. I am certain of this as every place in the world has infants AND DH and I are always checking out the local markets for cheaper-than-at-the-pier alcohol, and now, for baby supplies.

One thing is for sure, if you get on that ship, and make this request, and get any push back, be sure to tell them that customer service said it would be no problem and, as such, you didn't pack a bunch of food and ask them if your baby is just supposed to go hungry...?

What is your first port of call?

And be sure to post on this board and let us know how everything turns out.

Originally Posted by vettecruiser1 viewpost.gif

I saw a pretty neet Jeep stroller that I think will work out and it was only $45.

Does the Jeep stroller recline? I have 3 Jeep strollers. One in full sized. Two are umbrella strollers but they don't recline.

craigslist, craigslist, craigslist! Find what you want on Amazon and then browse craigslist for the same or similar.

(little does our kid know, 80% of his toys are USED!)

The recommendations I got for smaller strollers with most, or all, of the accouterments, are:

Chicco / Chico brand (people spelled this word differently and people always mis spell stuff on eBay & craigslist)

MacLaren Triumph (again, people have spelled this MacClaren)

Maclaren Volo

Combi Savy

Oh, okay. I see you are doing the conquest and that Cozumel is your last stop. Well, rest assured that Cheddrari will have what you need in case you run out of anything!

I am sure that there will be a market in Jamaica that will have formula, baby food, etc, should you not be able to get Carnival to puree food for you.

But my hunch tells me that everything will work out just fine.

The Jeep Wrangler XT is the one I got my eye on and it has 2 recline positions. It seems to be a pretty good deal.

As far as Craiglist, yep I started looking at it the other day and discovered you are right on people spelling things wrong. I simply put in Stroller and got some pretty good hits. The Chiccos and Maclaren just don't seem to pop up very often at least not the umbrella style. But I do plan to keep my eye out for them.

Yep, Coz will be our last stop, but thinks for the information. I know on Carnival they have laundry rooms, but do they also offer laundry service like RCCL does. I know me and the wife do not want to spend the day doing laundry on vacation and this is something we would pay for. I never knew how much laundry a 18 pound baby could produce. My wife says it is a never ending battle, and I would like to give you a week of blessful delight of not having to worry with it and not have to bring home 7 days of dirty clothes.

Jason, how old will your little one be in January? We are cruising with our baby in 2 weeks and she will be just shy of 9 months. I've realized in the last two weeks she pushes away any food I try and feed her and only wants to feed herself. Stinker! :D So we're doing finger food (small cut up bananas, black beans, cheerios, avocado pieces, etc). Now that she refuses to be fed it will make our trip MUCH easier that I thought it was going to be regarding baby food.

Jason, how old will your little one be in January? We are cruising with our baby in 2 weeks and she will be just shy of 9 months. I've realized in the last two weeks she pushes away any food I try and feed her and only wants to feed herself. Stinker! :D So we're doing finger food (small cut up bananas, black beans, cheerios, avocado pieces, etc). Now that she refuses to be fed it will make our trip MUCH easier that I thought it was going to be regarding baby food.

The little man will be 8 months old. He just finished his first round of veggies last week, but he doesn't have any signs of teeth yet, of course that could all change by Jan. These little ones change so fast, it is hard to keep up with them!

I wish that were our problem!

DS will eat food pieces but much prefers if we use our fingers to feed it to him!

Archived