Coconuts In Cozumel

Rasta Pirate

Has anyone been up to Coconuts recently? Is it worth the trip? I understand that is it quite a distance from the cruise ship pier. Anyone just how far it is? or how long it takes to get there? Anyone happen to know if Nachi Cocum beach club, or Paradise beach are any where near Coconuts? Which place would you recomend for lunch? Nachi Cocum, or Coconuts?

Lets hear some opinions.

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

RP

I've never been to Nachi, so I can't really make a comparison. A couple of years ago we discovered the east side of Coz. It's completely different from the west side. Miles of beautiful beaches and not much traffic. There is no electricity. Just a few bars and beachside reataurants. On our first trip we spent the day at Chen Rio, which is only about a mile from Coconuts. It is a $25 cab ride each way from Porto Maya.

Last February we returned and decided to rent a car. Alamo rented us a VW for about $60. We drove around the north end of the island, stopped at a couple of places to have a beer, and ended up at Coconuts for lunch. It was a great experience. Non-stop, the drive would be about 30 to 40 minutes.

The places on the east side don't have any facilities like Nachi does: just a great place to chill. We were warned against swimming because of strong tides and undertows. Chen Rio has a small beach sheltered from the surf by a rock jetty.

If you go to

http://www.cozumelinsider.com

you will find, on the right side of their home page, a link to beaches. The link has photos and a description of the facilities.

Depending on when your ship arrives and leaves, you may have time to do both Nachi and Coconuts.

Thanks jpmpuma.

I will be in Coz from 7am-6pm. Do you think that will be enough time to do both Nachi & Coconuts by taxi? How far do you think it is from Nachi to Coconuts? Do you happen to know if Nachi has a website?

Thanks again for your help.

RP

That should give you enough time to do both. On our last two trips, our ship was leaving at 4:00 and my wife wanted to get back to the pier to do some shopping, so we didn't have that much time to spare.

Coconuts and Chen Rio don't open until around noon. It will be easy to get a cab from the pier to Nachi, and from Nachi to Coconuts. What I would do is tell the cab driver to come back and pick you up with plenty of time left to get back to the ship. I think Coconuts has a phone, but I'm not sure.

As I recall, Nachi is north of the pier, so it should be about a 25-30 minute ride to Coconuts, with lots of great sights along the way.

I think this is Nachi's web site:

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.net

Thanks again jgmpuma!

Think I'll go to Nachi for a couple hours, then up to Cocunuts for lunch, & some pics, then have my taxi driver drop me off at San Fransisco beach for a pina' colada (they serve theirs in a pineapple:-) then head back to the ship.

Archived