Pirates in Paradise bar???

susibell2

We were in Sint Maarten a few years ago and right when you got off the water taxi at one of the stops was the bar Pirates in Paradise. Does anyone know if it's still there? We had a great time there before and want to go back,but after reading about the bad quality of the water there I doubt will swim there. Anyone been there lately??

Thanks I did end up finding that website. Is it true about the quality of the water being really bad on that beach?

I don't know about now, but in May 2006 when we were there I didn't think the water looked bad at all. In fact we spent the entire day at the beach and I didn't have one complaint, or see any thing that was out of place :)

Maybe that has changed between then and now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I stayed two years ago at Great Bay Sonesta and although the service there was horrible, we ended up buying down the road at Divi, the beaches were great. Never heard anything about "bad" water.

Stayed last year at Divi and still heard nothing about the bad water on the beaches down the road.

Someone has reported on this board several times that there is a sewage plant nearby that empties near the beach. I haven't sought to confirm that myself!

There is no discharge from a sewage treatment plant. The discharge is raw untreated sewage. It enters Great Bay at both ends of the beach at the Sonesta and near the Greenhouse Bar.

Archived