I'm Wondering How it evolved????

sail7seas

EKERR19

The food is very good at this place (at least it was several years ago, the last time I was there)

But they have everything and its all you can eat. Naturally I skip the salads and side dishes and all that and just have the Prime Ribs and Seafood .

You guys are killllling me!!! The Tom and Jerry act is at it again!! :D

( Hey....Vicar.....I'll add Orcrone's name to the Windex bill. He can help pay for the case I'm working my way through. ;) )

Orcrone,

You win!!!!!! You have much more style than i have *LOL*

Actually I would be apprehensive to try that. I would be afraid that one of the engineers might take food off my plate. Or perhaps the retaining wall would fall over on me and knock me off the chair and pin me to the floor and my arm would just be out of reach of my plate.

I look at the multiple trips as excercise between courses .*LOL*

From what I've read HAL is very good at accomodating those with disabilities. So if you're going to get injured and/or disabled at the buffet, this would be the cruiseline for it to happen.

Actually, I also make multiple trips. After about the third I get the LOOK from DW. Of course she claims that she's not giving me the look, but we know better.:D :rolleyes:

Until I started reading this board, we never even realised that passangers were ordering multiple items off the menu, never mind actually doing it ourselves. The only time I would ever ask for a second entree is if the first was something I really did not like, or was poorly prepared. When my family has not "cleaned their plates" at dinner, the wait staff have always asked if the meal was ok and if we would prefer something else (at least on HAL).

I always laugh when I read a travel board review of an all inclusive resort (or cruise) that we have stayed at and there are comments that there was no selection, that the food was boring after a few days, and so on. My guess is that these were the same people we saw with one of everything piled up on their plates every night. If they have ribs and steak and roast chicken don't pile it up every night and then complain the menu never varies! Eat all you want, just don't complain that the buffet always looks the same. One sage on the RIU hotel board refers to them as the "fork and pork" crowd.

You guys are killllling me!!! The Tom and Jerry act is at it again!! :D

( Hey....Vicar.....I'll add Orcrone's name to the Windex bill. He can help pay for the case I'm working my way through. ;) )

Windex... forget it. You'll get the generic concentrate like everyone else. Oh wait, I have to go. They just refilled the fresh lard container on the buffet. Gotta run, (well maybe not run, more like waddle).:D

I'll have everyone know I beat Orcrone to the fresh lard at the buffet.

Fortunately he tripped over a child running around unsupervised on the Lido deck and is flat on his back like a turtle trying to get back right side up.

*Doing my Homer Simpson impression*

"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM LARD" *LOL*

I'll have everyone know I beat Orcrone to the fresh lard at the buffet.

Fortunately he tripped over a child running around unsupervised on the Lido deck and is flat on his back like a turtle trying to get back right side up.

*Doing my Homer Simpson impression*

"MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM LARD" *LOL*

Well I have the last laugh. Do you know how much food people drop on the floor? And I don't even have to waste those calories walking through the buffet line.

Windex... forget it. You'll get the generic concentrate like everyone else. Oh wait, I have to go. They just refilled the fresh lard container on the buffet. Gotta run, (well maybe not run, more like waddle).:D

There you go again, the two of you. Be careful.....We're having fun here.

Generic.....Sure!!! Cheap stuff you push at me!!! Suppose you're saving your money for more cruises!! :)

The LOOK ....Hmmmm :p DH seems to think I give him The Look from time to time. I won't comment on 'which time' that is!!

If a husband speaks in a forest and there is no one around to hear him.....is he still wrong??? :D

Hey Orcrone

While you are down there , do you see any gum under any of the tables. i like to chew gum after a big meal , its supposed to be good for cleaning your teeth when you can't brush after meals

No gum here, but do as I do. Get friendly with someone who has a guide dog and bum a Milkbone off of them. They're usually happy to give it up, as long as I leave. AAAAHHH, they're beginning to clear the buffet, gotta go.

I felt so bad when I accidentally ordered the Porterhouse Steak in the Pinnacle. I had intended to request the Rib Eye as I had already had the lamb and filet that week, but I was so caught up in the conversation (or was it the Champagne...) that I don't really know what I ordered...

Anyways, the waiter enters with a whole side of cow on a plate - a gloriously perfect medium-rare. After the visions of the opening credits of the Flintstones where the car flops over from the weight of the side of ribs finally clear, I say that I thought I had ordered the Rib Eye. The waiter graciously apologizes and offers to bring a Rib Eye, while my table-mates inform me "Nope, nope - That's what you ordered!"

"No-no" I gulp "This will be fine"

I manage to consume less than a quarter of it.

I actually think 'This will be perfect for sandwiches and stir-fry this week' - then I remember that I am at sea and have another week of vacation before I would be setting foot in my kitchen again.

I was never more sad to see a dinnerplate leave my table...

[quote name='Orcrone']Only when watching Lifetime, the network for women (aka Men 'R Scum).:D[/QUOTE]

AHHHHHHHHHHH Lifetime, the Discrimination Station .

Who knew there were so many husbands out there leaveing their pregnant wives for other men while they were dying????

TV is so educational:) *LOL*

I do my best to get off the ship weighing no more than when I get on it.

I do appreciate the wide variety of food that is available on cruise ships. But unfortunately I'm one of those people who just has to look at food to gain weight, so I just try to eat less of it than some of the other passengers do.

Actually I've found that if you are careful you can eat quite healthfully on a cruise. We frequently cruise on Crystal; and, they always have a lighter entree available at dinner, which I frequently order. They also are quite accommodating about providing a "half portion" of just about any entree upon request.

On our last HAL cruise there were not as many dinner choices available as on Crystal, but the kitchen was quite willing to supply sauces and dressing "on the side" to help keep the calories in check.

I do think that some cruisers think that they have to pile their plates to the angle of repose in order to get their money's worth, but that's not why I cruise.

You guys crack me up, I only left the site for a few hours and you have gotten out of hand. The one thing about eating alot is that you are definately keeping the Dr's in business when he check your Cholesterol :)

[quote name='Vicar']AHHHHHHHHHHH Lifetime, the Discrimination Station .

Who knew there were so many husbands out there leaveing their pregnant wives for other men while they were dying????

TV is so educational:) *LOL*[/QUOTE]
This is seriously off topic, but - oh well... my infamous daughter spent three weeks this summer visiting a friend of hers in Minnesota - she was so thrilled to shop at the Mall of America - the one item she couldn't live without???

A t-shirt that says [font=Comic Sans MS]"Boys are Dumb... Just Throw Rocks at Them" [/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
Just about sums up the way it's always been between between girls and boys and men and women!

Sail - LOL!!! :D I love that one!

EKERR19

*LOL*

My daughter has a T shirt that says

Sit
Stay
Speak

Good Boy

Actually I shouldn't make fun of Lifetime, without it Patty Duke, Morgan Fairchild, Melissa Gilbert , Jane Seymour, and Stephanie Powers would all be ringing a register at Walmart :)

[quote name='Vicar']EKERR19

*LOL*

My daughter has a T shirt that says

Sit
Stay
Speak

Good Boy

Actually I shouldn't make fun of Lifetime, without it Patty Duke, Morgan Fairchild, Melissa Gilbert , Jane Seymour, and Stephanie Powers would all be ringing a register at Walmart :)[/QUOTE]Oh Vicar!!! This is too funny. :D I like Lifetime, DH does not - I can't imagine why... ;)

Here's another: "Boys are Stupider... send them to Jupiter"

I told DD she is not showing her intelligence with that one... "stupider"???? ;) hhmmm, I wonder??

I like your daughter's T... that sounds like one I could use!

EKERR19

Ya know
with back to school we got the student handbook and parent advisory thing and as far as dress code goes

the only real no nos are anything that advertises Booze, Cigarettes , drugs, or any sexual explicit pix or sayings

Its so comforting to know that my daughter can go to school dressed like Paris Hilton just as long as her G string does say Budweiser, Marlboro, or Do Me

Archived